January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still not sold on Sancho. Never really stood out when seeing him.

I’m sure he will be a very good player, but we need to strengthen other areas first.

I’m still not sold on Sancho. Never really stood out when seeing him.

I’m sure he will be a very good player, but we need to strengthen other areas first.
For a teenager he is already extremely good, but as you would expect there are still things he need to work and he will get more consistent over time. Last season 13 goals and 19 assists for Dortmund, very impressive stats.

We need a right back, a CD, (left footed) and a DM. After that we can discuss attacking players. If Eriksen leaves I'm ok with signing an offensive midfielder.

Interesting thing will be to see just how quickly these deals get done now Jose is here.Levy wont want to annoy him.
Levy doesn't change it doesn't matter who is charge, Jose just got here, Poch had a great relationship with Levy but yet couldn't get him to do deals fast.

I was sceptical when a DOF was mentioned when Jose was appointed, I couldn't see either Jose or Levy giving up that control but I'd feel much better if one was appointed.

Players like Dias and Sancho...forget about it, it takes us two transfer windows or more to get in players that we need sometimes.

Because Bale has never been available for him to sign - but he could be now. It's going to be lots of rumours in the coming months regarding Matic/Zlatan/Bale to Spurs
Zlatan is 57 years old though.

Might still take him. He'd choke some of our players for turning off after going a goal or two up.

We had 70 plus million more to spend in the summer. We must be able to find a DM and a RB for £50 million.
Sell Eriksen and Wanyama, make another £30m and throw £100m at Leicester for Ndidi and Periera?

If only. We’d get little change out of £100m for Ndidi alone.

Sell Eriksen and Wanyama, make another £30m and throw £100m at Leicester for Ndidi and Periera?

If only. We’d get little change out of £100m for Ndidi alone.
This right here is why a great Director of Football like Luis Campos would come in handy.

Imagine what would happen if we could spot the talent before a club slapped a 100 million price tag on them.

If only it would be so simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom