January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this continually get used as a stick to beat him with, when no such thing was true, this is how he responded to being asked about Real Madrid in that now infamous interview:

“I feel that I am at a stage of my career where I would like to try something new,” Eriksen told the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet. “I have the deepest respect for everything that is happening at Tottenham and it would not be something negative to stay. But I have also said that I would like to try something new.

“I hope that something will be decided this summer. That is the plan. In football you never know when there could be a decision like that. It could be at any point. The best thing is always for it to happen quickly but in football things take time.”

Eriksen has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, who are looking to add marquee signings this summer for Zinedine Zidane after a desperately disappointing season.

Real Madrid is a step up but then it would take Real Madrid picking up the phone and making contact with Tottenham and say that they want Christian,” Eriksen said. “And that they haven’t done as far as I know.

He was happy to move last summer, not run his contract down. And was under no illusions that he was sure to end up at somewhere like Real Madrid. He just said last summer that he still loves it at Spurs, we tick all the boxes so it would have to be a step up.

Maybe some aren't seeing Inter as the step up they perceived he meant, but a lot has changed in the last 6 moths. Inter are challenging for a title, are spending money, will almost certainly be CL for the ext few years. We have gone in the opposite direction and look fucking miles from CL let alone a title.

My original post was intended to convey that Eriksen over estimated his attractiveness to the leading European clubs over the last few years - NOT the last 6 months which you have been busy analysing..

I posted Spurs have finished above Inter in the 2 recent CL groups that we competed in, to make that point as well as our respective UEFA positions based on the last 5 years..

In the last 6 months we have been needing to start a squad rebuild, so its not clear where the current squad stands - arguably Lo Celso has only started to show what he can do in the last month, Ndombele seems troubled by a niggling injury, Gedon has only just joined, Bergwijn joined and hasn't played, Tanganga seems to have landed on his feet after a handful of PL appearances....and we are still expecting one or more players this TW. So I'd guess we'll be able to figure out how good we are in a month or so.

Inter have been on a spending spree, recruited a number of players but usually at their peak or even past their peak or not wanted at their former clubs on what seems to be mega wages (Ashley Young,,Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku from ManU, Victor Moses from Chelsea all come to mind). So I would disagree that Inter will necessarily be in CL continually for a number of years with these grade players other than the Italian league is weak after Juventus, although Napoli and Lazio are also above Inter - hell even Celtic and Sparta Prague are above Inter, currently.

An inform Eriksen will obviously help - but its 50/50 whether he returns to say his 16/17 form. Inter will need a lot more - and buy younger players - for your statement to become true.

This is amusing

Just found a table ranking ITKs

Level 1

Igi.jaydee
Paul O Keefe
Lilywhite Rose
WindyCOYS
JaiP
Jjetset
Breezer
Slim Shainy

Level 2

Trix
Gards
Rebrab
Tottenhamboys
Valenciayid
The Cockerel
Premier League Insider
AllThingsSpurs

Level 3

Hertyid
Ali Z
Grey Fox
BEN
Dragon 1
Yakster
The Goat
Hercules

Level 4

Jules
Bevis
ITKspurs079
Spursitk3
Spursitk4
The Wolf

Just look at this fucking gem

If you soil upon Hamlet you'll find your reward

[The Goat]

O'Keefe, The Fox and JJ as for the rest, you can find them in any tent at any fair were they ply their trade as Fortune Tellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom