January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident we'll get either Giroud or Piatek by Friday at 11pm. This is the best January window I can remember on record.
article-2095327-11904330000005DC-988_468x325.jpg

Same player as we always have in the past as in the type of player Levy has gone on record to state we prefer - young and with potential. Why is that viewed as a negative thing all of a sudden?

Ah, in that sense yes. I agree.
I was more pointing to the fact that in quality-wise there is a difference. Say it's different either you buy Mbappe or Clarke ;)

I absolutely think that we should go mainly for youngsters but spice it up with experienced veteran here or there. Say like Juventus when they brought in Matuidi from PSG. Or Liverpool when they took on Milner. But this should not be main way to conduct business.

This is amusing

Just found a table ranking ITKs

Level 1

Igi.jaydee
Paul O Keefe
Lilywhite Rose
WindyCOYS
JaiP
Jjetset
Breezer
Slim Shainy

Level 2

Trix
Gards
Rebrab
Tottenhamboys
Valenciayid
The Cockerel
Premier League Insider
AllThingsSpurs

Level 3

Hertyid
Ali Z
Grey Fox
BEN
Dragon 1
Yakster
The Goat
Hercules

Level 4

Jules
Bevis
ITKspurs079
Spursitk3
Spursitk4
The Wolf

Just look at this fucking gem

If you soil upon Hamlet you'll find your reward

[The Goat]

I never once said it's a bad thing - but others make it sounds like we can rival City and PSG now which is simply not true
Fair enough I won't argue that point. My post was more in response to a post from TheSpurEst regarding the stadium bringing in more income and vs. outlay and so forth. More than a few people have been banding it about as reasoning one way or another.

Spurs are bringing in a ton more revenue compared to a few years ago (Willl from CartilageFreeCaptain and SwissRamble are my usual go-tos), and even with the stadium debt, the principle and interest on the notes will likely be covered by additional sponsorship opportunities, primarily the stadium naming rights.

In short, we have a lot of cash on hand because the stadium was financed with debt, we are making significantly more money on an annual basis despite these debt obligations, so we have a great deal more to spend on transfers, wages and additional staff (DoF!?!)

In my view, we began offering more significant contracts to players in 2018 and started spending significantly more in the transfer market in 2019. This lines up with the increase in revenue and the stadium completion, respectively.

Spurs are now a financial power in Europe and globally in football. Not on the level of the Spanish giants, the Manchester clubs or PSG - but Chelsea? Woolwich? Juventus? Bayern? Assuredly. And in my view, the club is starting to act like it based on the last 6 months.

This is amusing

Level 1

Igi.jaydee
Paul O Keefe
Lilywhite Rose
WindyCOYS
JaiP
Jjetset
Breezer
Slim Shainy

Level 2

Trix
Gards
Rebrab
Tottenhamboys
Valenciayid
The Cockerel
Premier League Insider
AllThingsSpurs

Level 3

Hertyid
Ali Z
Grey Fox
BEN
Dragon 1
Yakster
The Goat
Hercules

Level 4

Jules
Bevis
ITKspurs079
Spursitk3
Spursitk4
The Wolf

[The Goat]
Is that a real thing?

I seem to have stumbled upon a forum for people playing Football Accountant 2020 online.

If anyone mentions carryovers, impairment of liquid assets or non-current trade receivables I may go full Chuck Norris

giphy.gif
To be fair, the club has good liquidity at the moment which gives them the flexibility needed in order to...

**knocked unconscious by Bill Madrid Bill Madrid **

This is amusing

Level 1

Igi.jaydee
Paul O Keefe
Lilywhite Rose
WindyCOYS
JaiP
Jjetset
Breezer
Slim Shainy

Level 2

Trix
Gards
Rebrab
Tottenhamboys
Valenciayid
The Cockerel
Premier League Insider
AllThingsSpurs

Level 3

Hertyid
Ali Z
Grey Fox
BEN
Dragon 1
Yakster
The Goat
Hercules

Level 4

Jules
Bevis
ITKspurs079
Spursitk3
Spursitk4
The Wolf

[The Goat]

They’ve had the donation box out the last few days. It’s embarrassing. Absolute spods lining up to hand over their cash.

Igi Jedi - is not ITK per se, he's a fella that works in the media/it department of spurs - or their IT subcontractor - who is also a spurs fan who posts on SC. He never got any ITK about deals etc, he just used to know about media announcements just before they went public. So he'd tip of SC about 5-10 minutes before the club sent out an announcement of a signing.

This is amusing

Level 1

Igi.jaydee
Paul O Keefe
Lilywhite Rose
WindyCOYS
JaiP
Jjetset
Breezer
Slim Shainy

Level 2

Trix
Gards
Rebrab
Tottenhamboys
Valenciayid
The Cockerel
Premier League Insider
AllThingsSpurs

Level 3

Hertyid
Ali Z
Grey Fox
BEN
Dragon 1
Yakster
The Goat
Hercules

Level 4

Jules
Bevis
ITKspurs079
Spursitk3
Spursitk4
The Wolf

[The Goat]

I think you will find Hercules is in a class of his own - Tier 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom