January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously know Kane is injured but Milan won’t sell Piatek with a loan with an option to buy, they want outright sale or obligation.

if we invest 20-30m on a striker we need a view for the future how the player fits and Piatek next to Kane imo is a disaster imo. I’ve watched a lot of Piatek.

I get you, but we have to get over this ‘Kane and nothing else’ attitude. A back up striker is imperative. If he’s doing well he’ll get plenty of games if he’s doing so well that he’s undroppable then he’ll play with Kane in a two or Kane as a 10 whatever it is, we must bring him in

Not sure his position is high up on the list of needs when I look at our squad though. surely a CB, LB, RB & DM take priority over a Bruno Fernandes type of player right?

Oh yeah, without a doubt we need to shore up our flanks with decent fullbacks(Sess and Tanganga will do the job I hope).. but Bruno is absolutely class! He walks straight into the side.. taking Eriksens spot. Meaning Dele or Moura dropped.

I get you, but we have to get over this ‘Kane and nothing else’ attitude. A back up striker is imperative. If he’s doing well he’ll get plenty of games if he’s doing so well that he’s undroppable then he’ll play with Kane in a two or Kane as a 10 whatever it is, we must bring him in

im not saying we don’t need a partner for Kane, I just think Piatek wouldn’t be a great partner for him. Whereas Willian Jose has a much different skill set to Kane and would offer something much different. I think we absolutely need a good striker next to Kane, it’s a must to help this team get to another level.

Jose loves a big physical striker and Piatek isn’t that, whereas Willian Jose is. Obviously I’ll be happy with either Piatek or Jose right now because we’re desperate but I prefer Jose.

im not saying we don’t need a partner for Kane, I just think Piatek wouldn’t be a great partner for him. Whereas Willian Jose has a much different skill set to Kane and would offer something much different. I think we absolutely need a good striker next to Kane, it’s a must to help this team get to another level.

Jose loves a big physical striker and Piatek isn’t that, whereas Willian Jose is. Obviously I’ll be happy with either Piatek or Jose right now because we’re desperate but I prefer Jose.
Interesting, I know nothing about José but have seen Piatek a few times and he looks a decent goal scorer. Admittedly I’m only thinking short term till the end of the season in the immediate Kane absence.

But Erisken was a no win, if levy sold him with 18 months left on his contract then it would be “ why are we a selling club” “selling him under pochs feet” “profit before glory” etc I guess though the deciding factor is whether this extra £20 million goes towards Jose’s transfer fund , any how regardless of the cash I’m glad he is gone, as I don’t think it was good for player morale him being there running down his contract
I think you will find many are treating it as a win. So this dispels your 'no win' notion

Neatly forgetting that there were ZERO offers for him in the summer .... small point but quite relevant don't you think?
We were talking about before that. A year left on the contract is not an ideal time to sell. Anyway, you are as pro levy as they come. So I feel you are very biased & would spin things to suit your levy love. So let's not waste each other's time trying to change each other's mind. I am with Todd on this one, you are not going to change my mind. & I won't change yours either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom