January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a profit on Eriksen when he can walk and sign with any team he wants in 5 months is some move by Levy

Now the Levy out crowd will say “Yeah but signing him to a new contract would have been better”.. Eriksen was mentally checked out here, was never going to happen

Not letting Poch talk you out of selling him two summers ago, and getting 80m for him would have been a much better move.

Let's say we offload KWP and Rose as well as Eriksen, then bring in Bergwijn and a striker, plus we got Gedson too, are we not in a bit of trouble over our HG/foreign player quota thing? I confess I don't know enough about this but it seems we are always on the verge of having too many foreign players, or not enough HG players? Anyone understand what the deal is there?
Last post P2

Last edited:
It’s a fake account
giphy.gif

Hope there's no legs in any deals involving swaps for Foyth or Lamela.

We need to get rid of Rose and Wanyama.

Foyth could do with a loan but we will certainly regret selling him.

That to me says Ole is off at the end of the season. New signings will be for Poch, sorry their new manager

Talking of Poch.

Very telling, Kieran Trippier's opinion of Poch, in this new interview:

"Is Simeone the best manager in the world now? For me, personally, yes. When people actually play for him they realise how good he is.

"Obviously you've got some good managers: Klopp, Guardiola... Sean Dyche! You've got quality managers out there but he's certainly up there for sure.

"[Burnley boss] Sean Dyche is a brilliant manager. From the first day he walked in [Trippier played for Burnley from 2011-2015, initially on loan] he sorted my career out basically.

"From when I was young, stupid and going out, he just sat me down and said 'no more'. Unbelievable manager and I loved playing for him and, who knows, one day I might get the opportunity to play for him again."

He didn't like Poch at all...

So you think we don't need a DM but a few N'Jie regens instead?
We do need a DM but far from assuming our new AMs are Njie, I’m excited to see if they are an upgrade on Dele, Eriksen and Moura and even Son.
As much as I like Moura, and Son, they are not consistent enough and hopefully the new guys will provide some much needed quality and competition in the final third.

Im still optimistic we will sign a striker, but I’m ok waiting till the summer for a DM, and am willing to see what Lo Celso and Ndombele can bring to our central midfield if Ndombele can get a run of games.

No signing a striker would be unacceptable if it’s quibbling over a few mil, but I genuinely believe we are in serious talks trying b to sign one.

No many expected one signing let alone two, in January. With a possible 3rd coming in, I’m pretty happy so far.
But those who are never satisfied can dismiss everything and ask where’s the DM.
And if we sign a DM they can ask where’s the RB......

The eternal moan.

Talking of Poch.

Very telling, Kieran Trippier's opinion of Poch, in this new interview:

"Is Simeone the best manager in the world now? For me, personally, yes. When people actually play for him they realise how good he is.

"Obviously you've got some good managers: Klopp, Guardiola... Sean Dyche! You've got quality managers out there but he's certainly up there for sure.

"[Burnley boss] Sean Dyche is a brilliant manager. From the first day he walked in [Trippier played for Burnley from 2011-2015, initially on loan] he sorted my career out basically.

"From when I was young, stupid and going out, he just sat me down and said 'no more'. Unbelievable manager and I loved playing for him and, who knows, one day I might get the opportunity to play for him again."

He didn't like Poch at all...
Talk to the hand....OUCH

27 year old, six goals, most of his appearances have been as a substitute, room for negotiation...

Sounds cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom