January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
LcAGR0Y.jpg

For all your defence of Levy - who can name one team at any level who don't have at least two senior strikers in their squad?

Why is it Levy’s fault?

Poch thought we were fine with son as back up and he was going to give Parrott game time.

When Mourinho came in it was mentioned numerous times one of the things he wanted this window was a back up striker. We are now looking for one.

Granted, Levy may fuck up getting one in now, but I fail to see how he’s to blame for having one striker. After all he got Llorente in at the age of 32 for Poch when he wanted him (from under the noses of Chelsea) so let’s see what he does for Jose this window. If we don’t sign one then by all means moan then, I will, but until the 1 Feb we can’t really. Don’t forget none of the strikers we have been linked with have moved yet either.

.....You resolving to not engage in childish digs didn't last long did it?

Wouldn't you be better off concerning yourself with what's actually being discussed?
Hi Airfixx, is the record profit report ready?

Anti ENIC sentiments are all time high, we need something to shift their focus onto something else because we're definitely not signing a striker this window.

Any suggestions?

Why is it Levy’s fault?

Poch thought we were fine with son as back up and he was going to give Parrott game time.

When Mourinho came in it was mentioned numerous times one of the things he wanted this window was a back up striker. We are now looking for one.

Granted, Levy may fuck up getting one in now, but I fail to see how he’s to blame for having one striker. After all he got Llorente in at the age of 32 for Poch when he wanted him (from under the noses of Chelsea) so let’s see what he does for Jose this window. If we don’t sign one then by all means moan then, I will, but until the 1 Feb we can’t really. Don’t forget none of the strikers we have been linked with have moved yet either.
So many ENIC bots on here, cant keep up.

So if we got him on a 2 year contract, we would end up paying around 40 million including wages and the nominal signing on fee. Signing him "could" be the difference between getting back into the CL this season which is worth what? And then there is the merchandise, bums on seats.

Even at 33 signing a player of that caliber could be huge for us in the short term.

I agree though Levy probably wouldn't look twice

whilst i'm not convinced by this type of signing Jose has illustrated how a player of this calibre bought in at the right time can make a real impact. There is also the potential resale fee for a player with this global appeal to the States.

So whilst I feel it's unlikely it has more chance of happening now Jose is here...

One fucking team funded by an Arab state won all 3 domestic cups last year! If you only celebrate trophies you might as well only watch football in May.
I find it so funny people who feel entitled to success call everyone else happy clappers, of course we all want trophies but it’s not that easy actually!
Actually a lot of the happy clappers have said spending big is a waste of time & also that they wouldn't want us to do that even if we could afford it. Some have also said those domestic cups are Mickey mouse cups & mean nothing.

No, not all.

You asked for one team at any level who don't have two senior strikers.

I didn't even have to think about it.......there are probably others, even in the PL.
As I said earlier, I was using the language of the original poster who was trotting out the "no strikers are available and if they are they're too old" line.

Still, anyone who thinks that going into the second half of the season with no strikers is the way forward is welcome to try and defend that position.

giphy.gif

Inter Milan will offer Tottenham £12.8m plus add-ons to sign Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27, this month. (Guardian)

Tottenham will only allow Eriksen - whose contract runs out in the summer - to leave in January if Inter pay £17m. (Mail)

Tottenham are preparing to make a bid for Sheffield United's English defender Jack O'Connell, 25, and he is seen by Spurs as being a long-term replacement for Belgium international Jan Vertonghen, 32. (Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom