January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the criticism of Levy - who can name 1 center forward who has been available to buy in the last few years that we should have got?

Aubameyang? Lukaku? Higuain? Ibrahimavic?

Remember when the fans wanted - Falcao, Benteke, Jackson Martinez, Danny Ings - how would that have worked out?

If the players aren't available - we can't sign them.
If the players are too old - its a big risk

News Flash - Goalscorers that are good typically are not for sale.
Would take ings for the rest of the season tbf

Some talk united have joined the list of clubs interested in piatek..

If we’re actually interested (and I’m not sure we are) we’d wanna stop fucking about and get it done

Some talk united have joined the list of clubs interested in piatek..

If we’re actually interested (and I’m not sure we are) we’d wanna stop fucking about and get it done
I think at this point it's only lazy journalism to link united with Piatek

According to Diario Vasco we are interested in (and have apparently made a bid even) Willian José at Real Sociedad. A Brazilian striker that can also play as a winger or second striker. Currently La Reals main striker and is on 8 goals this season. And has scored 11, 15 and 12 in his last 3 La Liga campaigns. Has a buyout clause of 70 mil reportedly.

No idea how reliable the source is but I have watched a bit of Sociedad this season and Willian would be a good get IMO.

Bale will be more valuable to is now than he was for AVB.

Bale, Kane, Moura, Lamela, Lo Celso and Son would be pretty insane

Ndombele getting fit, Sissoko fit, Gedson, a DM in the summer and a full pre season under Jose and I’d feel pretty good.
Plus there should be cover for a number of outs like Rose etc

The year is 2060

Kane has been retired for 30 years

Spurs are yet to have made an attempt to replace him

Some spurs fans during the 2060 January transfer window

“How can you expect the club to sign a striker , what striker is gonna be willing to come in and play for us after Kane wore the shirt thirty years ago ?”

According to Diario Vasco we are interested in (and have apparently made a bid even) Willian José at Real Sociedad. A Brazilian striker that can also play as a winger or second striker. Currently La Reals main striker and is on 8 goals this season. And has scored 11, 15 and 12 in his last 3 La Liga campaigns. Has a buyout clause of 70 mil reportedly.

No idea how reliable the source is but I have watched a bit of Sociedad this season and Willian would be a good get IMO.
El Diario Vasco is the go-to daily regional newspaper in the Basque Country, has very good connections to the teams there.

Like you, I've seen a bit of La Real this season, I have a soft spot for the Basque clubs, and like you, I've liked what I've seen of Willian José.

Another one to keep an eye on is Mikel Merino, who seems to have flopped at Newcastle, but has the best stats of any defensive midfielder in the league this season. Only 23, wouldn't cost that much...

El Diario Vasco is the go-to daily regional newspaper in the Basque Country, has very good connections to the teams there.

LIke you, I've seen a bit of La Real this season, I have a soft spot for the Basque clubs, and like you, I've liked what I've seen of Willian José.

Another one to keep an eye on is Mikel Merino, who seems to have flopped at Newcastle, but has the best stats of any defensive midfielder in the league this season. Only 23, wouldn't cost that much...

Nice to know that it is a reliable paper so there might be something to this.

I think his Newcastle stint failed in part because he picked up a semi chronic back issue?(Merino that is)
And the pace of La Liga suited him better. But he does look a player so I would not mind. LLorente in their backline is also interesting.

Nice to know that it is a reliable paper so there might be something to this.

I think his Newcastle stint failed in part because he picked up a semi chronic back issue?(Merino that is)
And the pace of La Liga suited him better. But he does look a player so I would not mind. LLorente in their backline is also interesting.
Aye, Diego Llorente is having a good season, did last year too. Real Sociedad have a good track record of turning round players who have got a bit lost.

The Willian José story in El Diario Vasco is behind a paywall unfortunately, I'll keep my eyes peeled to see if Marca etc. pick up on it

Any chance whatsoever we could bag Cavani? Proven,experienced,top drawer striker imo. Guaranteed to score goals, perfect fit with Harry out.

If Chelsea get him you can kiss goodbye any lingering hopes of top 4

Aye, Diego Llorente is having a good season, did last year too. Real Sociedad have a good track record of turning round players who have got a bit lost.

The Willian José story in El Diario Vasco is behind a paywall unfortunately, I'll keep my eyes pèeled to see if Marca etc. pick up on it
That's good to hear about Llorente. Sociedad is a bit of a "talent factory" and not averse to selling players for the right money unless I am wrong as well.

The reason I got the news is because Isak plays for them so our journos of course jumped on new that says he could get more playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom