January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the rule about players registered for Champions League these days?

If for example we sell Erikssen to Real in January, can he play for them in the CL?

How is the rule about players registered for Champions League these days?

If for example we sell Erikssen to Real in January, can he play for them in the CL?
I think it got retracted. So Eriksen would be able to play for them yeah, and likewise we could field a January purchase that had already played in the CL in the knockouts if we made any.

I think it got retracted. So Eriksen would be able to play for them yeah, and likewise we could field a January purchase that had already played in the CL in the knockouts if we made any.
Cheers, mate. I was just having a discussion with a colleague (about swapping Erikssen with Bale), and you have confirmed what he is saying

You lot do realise that the only basis for this "Bale to Spurs in January" talk is something that Berbatov said the other day in his role as "Betfair ambassador", whatever that is.

"If he were to return to England I think Spurs would be the ideal club for him. He knows their philosophy... Mourinho might try to sign him in January"

And then again, he might not.

As I keep saying, he is on astronomically high wages - £275,000 a week AFTER TAX basic, he hit his add-on targets last season which took him to £325,000 net a week. We'd be asking him to take something like a 75% cut in pay.

It's widely reported here that Florentino Pérez won't sell Bale for less that €80 million, that's around £67 million. The largely unreliable DiarioGol website reckons Madrid would give us Bale for Eriksen plus £42 million.

However you look at it, the numbers don't add up, even less so when it's clear our priorities lie elsewhere

You lot do realise that the only basis for this "Bale to Spurs in January" talk is something that Berbatov said the other day in his role as "Betfair ambassador", whatever that is.

"If he were to return to England I think Spurs would be the ideal club for him. He knows their philosophy... Mourinho might try to sign him in January"

As I keep saying, he is on astronomically high wages - £275,000 a week AFTER TAX basic, he hit his add-on targets last season which took him to £325,000 net a week. We'd be asking him to take something like a 75% cut in pay.

It's widely reported here that Florentino Pérez won't sell Bale for less that €80 million, that's around £67 million. The largely unreliable DiarioGol website reckons Madrid would give us Bale for Eriksen plus £42 million.

However you look at it, the numbers don't add up, even less so when it's clear our priorities lie elsewhere

Apart from the specific Bale rumour (which I don't particularly believe into), this new rule about players not being tied up for European games makes January transfers a bit more interesting to me

So give up Eriksen + £42m + £33m wages over 2 years plus tax approx £20m = Bale

That could be done structured payments, negotiated image rights, a sponsor or two will be beating a path to our door for piece of that Bale/ Jose box office magic

:baletroll::baletroll::baletroll::baletroll:

That could be done structured payments, negotiated image rights, a sponsor or two will be beating a path to our door for piece of that Bale/ Jose box office magic

Fairly certain that we would break league rules if we allowed Bale to use his image rights in negotiations.

Otherwise why did we not go for Dybala if 3rd party ownership of his image rights wasn't an issue?

A sponsor or two??

Taylormade and Callaway presumably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom