January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a question. First off, I’m no Levy apologist, but I am realistic about the impact the stadium is having so can understand that the purse strings have to be controlled somewhat.

However, if there is no money for big transfers, why can’t we get loans like these other cunts are doing? Higuain, possibly Suarez (not that one) and/or Perisic to the gooners. Chelsea also got Kovacic. Why aren’t loans an option for us? At least one given we freed up Mousa’s spot.

I think the fact that our transfer business is totally frozen but long-term contracts with wage increases out into the future are not kinda gives the game away. We're in a cash crunch. The stadium needs money to finish that we don't have on hand.

It's not like we're imminently about to do a Leeds, Joe Lewis isn't going to let his plum asset shrivel over a few nickels and dimes, but he's clearly not willing to inject a cash infusion to keep the football operation humming at normal capacity.

I have a question. First off, I’m no Levy apologist, but I am realistic about the impact the stadium is having so can understand that the purse strings have to be controlled somewhat.

However, if there is no money for big transfers, why can’t we get loans like these other cunts are doing? Higuain, possibly Suarez (not that one) and/or Perisic to the gooners. Chelsea also got Kovacic. Why aren’t loans an option for us? At least one given we freed up Mousa’s spot.

Loans aren't exactly free either. Might have been at some stage, but seems to be no more, unless we're taking someone that another team is desperate to be rid of.

I forget which deal is was, but I saw one this where the loan fee for a 6 month loan was reportedly 9m!!! I'd rather invest in signings than loans if that's the going rate.

I think the club have just pushed to far one way.

To make no signings for two windows in a row is asking for trouble as were not the best so of course we can improve.

To be fair to Poch I think Toby has been replaced and his already replaced dembele with winks but wanyamas body has meant we have looked short of options and energy in midfield for a while. The full backs are also a concern. There is no doubt in my mind we have weakened that area so much. A fit rose is the only one I'd want near my first team.

And then of course you have the all important subject of perception. It looks like we're not ambitious, it comes across as us settling and whether you agree or not that has an impact of the unity of our fanbase, players looking at signing new deals and media coverage which if overly negative can be troublesome.

Perception is so important and at the moment it's very easy to perceive us as a more successful version of Newcastle. Basically it comes across as we lack ambition to push on. The club have to address that whether it be through a signing or two or maybe getting in some highly thought of scouts .

After city dropping 3 points today, surely that puts us right back in this race. We need to sign players and im not talking take a gamble on a unheard player who performs well in Turkish league or something an established player who will bolster our midfiled, i rate Winks and think he has learnt alot from Mousa Dembele, but he can make mistakes. We need to add. If Eriksen gets injured we have no real creativity. With the money from Dembele and hopefully from Vincent J, we need to spend it.

After city dropping 3 points today, surely that puts us right back in this race. We need to sign players and im not talking take a gamble on a unheard player who performs well in Turkish league or something an established player who will bolster our midfiled, i rate Winks and think he has learnt alot from Mousa Dembele, but he can make mistakes. We need to add. If Eriksen gets injured we have no real creativity. With the money from Dembele and hopefully from Vincent J, we need to spend it.
In what race?

In what race?
As in the race to finish in the top 4, not as in the win the league although I do think Liverpool with also drop points. We beat Watford tomorrow and Newcastle at the weekend then we are still in the driving seat, United (not tonight as they dropped two points) if we are in no cup competition we need to focus on the top 4. Won't be as easy as previous seasons

tenor.gif

As in the race to finish in the top 4, not as in the win the league although I do think Liverpool with also drop points. We beat Watford tomorrow and Newcastle at the weekend then we are still in the driving seat, United (not tonight as they dropped two points) if we are in no cup competition we need to focus on the top 4. Won't be as easy as previous seasons
Are you trolling? When we’re we not in a race for top 4?

Ah okay. Was a little confused. Yes a win tomorrow does no harm. We’ve got to win first of course...

The Dembele/Vinny phwoaar-chest.:dude:

Back
Top Bottom