January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wasn't sold on him either.

Until this performance. Then I was sold. I think he'd be excellent here and we've been close to signing him before (He was shown around our facilities).

Doesn't score enough for me, and has a prima donna reputation in France. Very graceful natural footballer though, could be a great utility player for us if his ego could handle it.

Doesn't score enough for me, and has a prima donna reputation in France. Very graceful natural footballer though, could be a great utility player for us if his ego could handle it.

Does he need to score?

Surely we have Eriksen, Son, Kane, Lucas, Dele and Lamela for that?

Does he need to score?

Surely we have Eriksen, Son, Kane, Lucas, Dele and Lamela for that?
modern football = all players have to score.

Bin Hugo. No goals scored in DECADES!

But in seriousness: There does seem to be an over fixation on players scoring goals, even when playing in a position that doesn't usually do

Until this performance. Then I was sold. I think he'd be excellent here and we've been close to signing him before (He was shown around our facilities).

A pre-season under Poch and we will have great player !

Why does a player who plays in the 2 in front of the defence need to score ?
It's like when people say dembele should score more goals, why? It's really puzzling to me

Gladbach apparently have Thorgan Hazard's price tag at 30 million. but are also looking to negotiate a new deal so it could spike up a bit in price according to Kicker

I've been banging on about going for Rabiot for a while now. The guy is undoubtedly class in that DM position and I think would fit really well with us. Would love to see him in a Spurs shirt (and then pray he doesn't flop :kanehand:)

and Chelsea.

They are by far the worst at this. Buying up anyone who looks half decent to bench warm. How many players have they beaten us to last min? With scores of decent prospects shipped out on loan for years at a time. They have 40 players on loan as we speak! WindyCOYS WindyCOYS would need his own pod just for the updates!

Then there's the old "strengthen another team in the league against everyone else except us" trick. Only a modest 2 players on loan to other PL teams this season tbh, and its arguable whether Kenedy actually "strengthens" Newcastle.

Serious question, with Eriksens situation being what it is at present, would you if offered take a situation where we lose Eriksen but are guaranteed getting Rabiot in? I'd clearly love to keep Eriksen but with the contract situation dwindling down I think I'd take that right now as we need class in the door. Usually I wouldn't go for it but the Eriksen situation, the longer it goes on doesn't look to rosy

Very different players. Eriksen is world class already. He’s worth as much, if not more than what Coutinho went for at £140m.

Rabiot is a centre mid who can get box to box, a Dembele type. He’d be a great signing, but I’d rather sack Rabiot off and give that transfer fee to Eriksen in wages and bonuses.

Apparently a contract has been agreed, just not signed. I’d imagine he’ll be on similar to Adele. £150k per week plus bonuses.

We need to think bigger mate, Doucoure maybe, Gomez & Shelvey nah.

They both look alright in the odd one off game but apart from but so do most of our current cm’s.
I have noticed it also. Everton became much much better after Gomes played in the side.
My point being, our game as a whole would be exponentially better if we had a good DLP.

I came to dislike him for his attitude. Reeks of trouble i have no doubt. He do a lot of things very well. But doesnt seemed like a player who dominates game all round. I believe he is a player that goes missing a lot of times.

Why does a player who plays in the 2 in front of the defence need to score ?
It's like when people say dembele should score more goals, why? It's really puzzling to me
Maybe because a lot of people feels that if Dembele had bit more conviction to his game, he actually could shruggs off players until he is faced with the GK.

Back
Top Bottom