January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Signing him only to loan him back would be frustrating.

Agree but perhaps the only way to get him

Was looking forward to his battle with that other cunt, but I guess he couldn't stand the thought of sharing a dressing room with him for any length of time...

Good signing for them, they will finish above Everton too

DT66zQBX0AYd7sh.jpg:large

Nice edit, let's just hope he doesn't wear the number 14 shirt

What if we got Lucas on loan until the summer and also signed Malcom before sending him on loan to Bordeaux until the summer?

I'll wake up now.

Got a problem Ginoflair??

If so PM me rather than blanket disagrees with no explanation!!

:dembelewtf:

I also think our ambition level is top 4 anything else is a bonus .
That is the general opinion neutrals have, the media as well and arguably a large portion of the fan base .
We can't gloss over what we are perceived by others .
others can say what they want, we want pl and cl regular and IMO will get there but it will take another 2 years at least (depending )for following reasons 1. settling in to new stadium 2. keeping existing players and 3. attracting top players for which we need cash and CL, will get cash from new stadium

Winks, Dembele, Wanyama, Dier and Sissoko....Four of them are excellent.

A few people have gone a little loopy over this desperate "need" for a central midfielder I reckon.

Dembele will be 31 soon and is struggling with plagued with fitness issues and the less the said about Sissoko the better. Winks is a good prospect but has a long to go before being considered a starter. The issue isn’t with the DM, we are clearly well catered for. The issue is with the other side which when looking at the squad it is the most glaring area in it . I’m happy to see Malcolm join but it is a very expensive squad option when given the players who occupy his postion.

Dembele will be 31 soon and is struggling with plagued with fitness issues and the less the said about Sissoko the better. Winks is a good prospect but has a long to go before being considered a starter. The issue isn’t with the DM, we are clearly well catered for. The issue is with the other side which when looking at the squad it is the most glaring area in it . I’m happy to see Malcolm join but it is a very expensive squad option when given the players who occupy his postion.

Some good points but surely it's about options to change game or start games when you need to depending on the opposition. Whilst I totally despise citeh, their options are pretty extraordinary and have come in useful. Also, with a deeper squad you can rotate for freshness and take advantage of opposition tiredness without compromising your playing ideals and compete more comfortably on numerous fronts.

It's not about necessarily who do you drop to accommodate the new transfers but about having the ability to shuffle the pack when needed, for example West Brom at Wembley when we needed other options to break the bus wankers down.

Here's a thought:
Do you think teams have sussed out how to not lose to us when they play at ours and, more to the point, isn't this going to happen at the new stadium too? Am worried that they will play for a point next season at the new lane and we may find it tough.

Back
Top Bottom