January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I sure hope so. If we want him, then I'd be sickened if we were beaten to the punch my Woolwich. The only advantage they have over us now in pursuing a player is overspending on wages. The new stadium should narrow that quite a bit though (within reason).

I'm not sure "we want you to come on board a sinking ship with a past-it manager who'll be fucking off in a year, a toxic fanbase, slim chance of top 4, Europa League football - and you'll be replacing our best player (and our other best player will be gone by summer, too)" has all that much appeal.
:levystare:

I sure hope so. If we want him, then I'd be sickened if we were beaten to the punch my Woolwich. The only advantage they have over us now in pursuing a player is overspending on wages. The new stadium should narrow that quite a bit though (within reason).

I'm not sure "we want you to come on board a sinking ship with a past-it manager who'll be fucking off in a year, a toxic fanbase, slim chance of top 4, Europa League football - and you'll be replacing our best player (and our other best player will be gone by summer, too)" has all that much appeal.
I know nothing about the bloke to be fair but as he's Brazilian bet he has at least 10 agents!!

Huddersfield has agreed fee to sign Alex Pritchard for 10m increasing to 12m.

Wow. Im very happy that he got the chance to play in PL.
With my very limited time watching youth football, he is the best that i ever saw. Everybody talking about Marcus Edwards now. He looks like he could be a very tricky player. But i already saw what Pritchard could do in NexGen. Not sure why he isnt making impacts on Norwich though, dont think he even a starter there. Another curious case for me.

Do you work in sales?

Huddersfield has agreed fee to sign Alex Pritchard for 10m increasing to 12m.

Wow. Im very happy that he got the chance to play in PL.
With my very limited time watching youth football, he is the best that i ever saw. Everybody talking about Marcus Edwards now. He looks like he could be a very tricky player. But i already saw what Pritchard could do in NexGen. Not sure why he isnt making impacts on Norwich though, dont think he even a starter there. Another curious case for me.
Neither did Kane.
He turned out OK

They pay more to their Iwobis and Bendtners than we do to our Kanes and Eriksens (and look where it gets them), they desperately need a marqee signing and will thus probably be willing to splash a fortune in a transfer fee (we can't get the player if the club doesn't wanna sell to us when Arse will offer whatever we offer + 20 million), and they should be able to absolutely guarantee a rock solid place in the first eleven (cause the competition is shit and/or wants out and/or goes partying the night before game). If he wants an easy life, Arse is where to go.

If he wants to work hard and develop, he should come to Spurs.

Those were his exact words. We'll never see him again in a spurs shirt.

Okay, well, he won't ever start again for Spurs.

Okay, well, he definitely won't be here after the summer.

Okay, he's signed a new contract. It's just so we can sell him for more.

It's really quite pathetic.

The complete and utter speculation on Poch's thought process, Lamelas contract situation and the extent of the injury where a highlight.

He’s just come back from a career threatening injury, started a couple of games and already set up two goals. Come close to scoring as may if not more times than Dembele, Sissoko and Winks.
Always in the box in good positions.
Didn’t he come on and lay on Son for us to rescue a draw agains those cunts. He also came on at Leicester and after a minute saved us some blushes setting up Kane.
Eriksen and Dele have bettered him by setting up 4 more goals each in over 8 times the playing time.
But of course, he’s shit.
Also I seeem to remember a fantastic chipped pass that was nearly converted in one sub app, and if not for a cracking save would have scored a wonder goal the other day.

I think the anti-lamela sentiment has been boosted by Sons rise into an undroppable player. Not really Lamelas fault that Son has grown into the player he has.

Surely this is a good thing for the team having two players competing for a place in the first team? Considering how little we have on the bench in terms of attacking threat and creativity. Seems you can either be a son guy or a lamela guy not both.

The complete and utter speculation on Poch's thought process, Lamelas contract situation and the extent of the injury where a highlight.

I think the anti-lamela sentiment has been boosted by Sons rise into an undroppable player. Not really Lamelas fault that Son has grown into the player he has.

Surely this is a good thing for the team having two players competing for a place in the first team? Considering how little we have on the bench in terms of attacking threat and creativity. Seems you can either be a son guy or a lamela guy not both.

For me I don't think it's a case of either or. They both do different things. They can both dribble and beat a man, but Son is much more lethal in front of goal and Lamela is much more lethal at playing a killer ball. They can both play together, or one can come off the bench if we need something different. It's a bit like Alli and Eriksen for me, two very good players who just do things differently. Eriksen is the better creator and Alli the better finisher.

In an ideal world I'd love it if we could turn Dele into a deeper sitting player, similar to Lampard and have all 4 of them plus Wanyama/Dier in our midfield.

For me I don't think it's a case of either or. They both do different things. They can both dribble and beat a man, but Son is much more lethal in front of goal and Lamela is much more lethal at playing a killer ball. They can both play together, or one can come off the bench if we need something different. It's a bit like Alli and Eriksen for me, two very good players who just do things differently. Eriksen is the better creator and Alli the better finisher.

I agree they offer different things to the team but at the moment it's unlikely that we'd ever see Son AND Lamela start whilst Eriksen also starts.

Still, the point is that its nice to have options. Seems to me that there a lot of people who wrote Lamela off who don't want to be proved wrong.

West Ham trying to flog Hernandez already.

Is it bad that I’d take him. A different type of striker to Kane who is happy to play second fiddle, capable of scoring goals and won’t be too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom