January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You have to assume nothing with us and that includes players exiting, even on a loan basis.

I would like to think it meant transfer ins were likely but experience has taught me to set that aside.

As yesterday and for a while I think we need a strike option with pace or an attacking midfielder before anything else but have no issue if we czn acquire 2/3 players with next season in mind.

sammyspurs sammyspurs do you genuinely think a cm pairing of Dier and Wanyama will suffice
Mate to be honest, I think it would. Both are excellent players but Dier hasn't had the luxury of playing at CM for a substantial period of time, and it's usually due to someone else being injured or not good enough at the back.

Of course we need back up, but I think the reports of Dembele being a paraplegic are a little ridiculous. As you know I also rate Winks extremely highly and don't think Sissoko is as bad as people make out.

People are always saying "don't melt we're just 4pts off 4th in a Wembley season" but then acting as if our midfield has us in a relegation battle.

I would absolutely cry is that cunt Mourinho got his hands on Dier.
It would be a massive blow. He is an excellent intelligent footballer and when he plays with Vic, he plays a more Huddlestone role, so not as a DM.

With Toby coming back, I honestly don't think CM is a priority, yet of course that doesn't mean we cannot improve.

As I said before, other than Kane, the entire team could be improved on in theory.

If Dyche could turn him into a competent player, that'd be good.

Though I see this going down the route of sitting on Burnleys bench more than ours and getting more minutes as opposed to actually starting more games.

Doesn’t do anything for us, but hasn’t really been given a chance. Burnley loan might be a good development move
A loan for him in the PL which is his best chance to impress.

To have sent him abroad would have been a deathknell.

He gets PL gam time. We get to keep track of him in the PL. win/win

Last edited:
I think it's great news for Nkoudou and hope he does well there.
Will be interesting to see him play, and regarding Pochs comments there still may be hope for him.

He's only 22 and learning in a new league and hasn't had many chances.

Hopefully this means replacing an unused fringe player with a winger we will play sometimes.

Lets hope the Burnley bench is warmer than the Spurs one.

He needs to play regularly, will that happen in Burnley? Isn't that a Moneyball, statistics driven team? Maybe he has some skills they need. The computer said yes.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how he does at Burnley, they seem like quite a tight-knit group of players so not sure how much game time he'll be getting.

Would love to think we're getting one in to replace him, but he's featured so little for us it almost feels like we're not losing anyone.

André Gomes is an interesting one; he's obviously talented, from what I've seen of him in his Valencia days* I wouldn't say no!

*Self-certified Professional Youtube Scout

Will be interesting to see how he does at Burnley, they seem like quite a tight-knit group of players so not sure how much game time he'll be getting.

Would love to think we're getting one in to replace him, but he's featured so little for us it almost feels like we're not losing anyone.

André Gomes is an interesting one; he's obviously talented, from what I've seen of him in his Valencia days* I wouldn't say no!

*Self-certified Professional Youtube Scout

Shame he'd be cup tied for the European Cup games, he came on as a sub in the final minutes against Olympiacos (and got injured)

Doesn’t do anything for us, but hasn’t really been given a chance. Burnley loan might be a good development move
He’s had every chance to be fair. Been at the club well over a year. Game time agree it’s light. Training time etc. Nah had plenty.

And to think he was one of our “big signings” having been in his premier inn for 3 months before joining

Seems like GKN's last chance to impress (or 1st chance, given how you look at it)

Personally I don't see him getting that much game time at Burnley. I just don't think he really has it.

He’s had every chance to be fair. Been at the club well over a year. Game time agree it’s light. Training time etc. Nah had plenty.

And to think he was one of our “big signings” having been in his premier inn for 3 months before joining
Very underwhelmed by him every time he played. Very poor touch. Burnley could use him for counters and if he fails to make an impact we can sell him in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom