January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the last 4 years Spurs have sold 1 first XI player (who had been dropped for an F.A. Cup semi-final). In that time Liverpool have sold Luis Suarez, Raheem Sterling, Pepe Reina and Phllipe Coutinho.

As usual Liverpool try to look at Spurs, a club that has finished above them 8 out of 9 seasons. When you look at the facts (hard for some) we've surpassed them long ago. But delusion likes to look at delusion.

First you said he'd never be seen in a Spurs shirt again. Then when that was blown out the water you said he'd never start in the League again. Now that's been blown out the water it's he'll never play in the new stadium. I wonder what Lamela won't do next..

Lamela won't score a hattrick away against Juve

:avbpray:

Ive noticed a rather ironic pattern emerging....there are a whole load of posters who during the season act like the best and most supportive fans on the planet. Preaching non stop about how good we are, and slating anyone whos being "a melter"
But once that window opens suddenly the team is just so poor to those people and the season is basically a shambles if we dont buy new people.

Weak squad, tight chairman, shit bench.

Say that when the window is shut though, and you´re just a negative cunt. LOL, look who´s turned into the "melters" now they´ve got Levy´s monopoly money to play with
Jesus christ just shut up and let people talk about transfers. Tried to read transfer news and just ended up reading 2 pages of you fighting with another poster the other day.

Still there after 4 years? Your life must be so shit. I used to think old Lego boy was the saddest act on here, shut in his mums basement but I don’t think he is even trying at life. You are trying but you are so spectacularly unsuccessful you actually take the wooden spoon. Congratulations.

That’s really mean. Nobody who posts on a football forum has any credibility including you and me. Be honest mate, did you forecast yourself doing this in your twenties? I fucking didn’t. We’re all wankers when the sun disappears below the horizon. Mentally crippled, emotionally unstable, bus wankers. I wish I’d never heard of Tottenham fucking Hotspur.

Buy no one. Check on Onomah and Carter-Vickers to see if they need to move to other clubs or are fine where they are.

Start looking for CMs to sign in June if Dembele is broken enough he should retire.

Under no circumstances listen to any idiot suggesting signing Bale or Vardy. Bale is 29, and has consistent injury problems. Vardy is 29 and essentially a one-season wonder.
Just don’t get the Bale “love in”- based on his sicknotes alone. Not even thinking about his wage demands, his hair bands or the manner in which he fucked us over to get his dream move. A fully fit Bale is a beast. But he has a career littered with mid term injuries & at his age, he isn’t suddenly going to mend & be an ever present.

He was great for us.
He dumped us.
He is now Madrid’s injury problem. Not ours.

What everyone is forgetting is that Gibbon Head currently earns around £250,000 AFTER tax (Spanish player salaries are always expressed as net sums). People are, in all seriousness, expecting him to take around an 80% pay cut to return to a club he doesn't even support and hasn't expressed any great love for in his four years in Madrid.

Please, please stop.

None of that has anything to do with how badly you’ve been owned on some basic tactical understanding of our formation and current players. You can deflect all you want with irrelevant bullshit but the facts remain - Lloris before Sissoko.

Here is a nice post from you in the "Introduce Yourself" thread on arsnalmania:

Spurs fan here.
Looking for some decent discussions and intelligent football related debates. I come in peace.

Cheers, mate.
I'll see how it goes. Most of my friends are Gooners :| so to say I'm uninformed would not be entirely true.
BTW - how do I setup my avatar?

tenor.gif

Hey TheJockmur TheJockmur which bit of this do ya disagree with then. Or do you just kiss my arse after every post to satisfy some kind of infatuation

I disagree that Wembley feels like home just because we have 95% of the fans in the ground. It's clear for everyone to see that we struggled at Wembley at the beginning of the season, as proven by the likes of Eriksen, Kane and Dele among others really struggling for form there to begin with.

Instead you will use it as your excuse to scream "SEE I TOLD YOU ALL THAT LEVY THE BALD HEADED CUNT THAT HE IS WOULD COST US THE TITLE WITH OUR LACK OF SIGNINGS"

All this despite the fact that we strengthened the areas that the manager felt we needed to strengthen at the time.

We signed a replacement right back, a fucking good one at that.

We signed two centre backs, one who came right in for big money and one who is clearly for the future.

We signed a back up striker and loaned out the other back up striker who wasn't up to much.

Yet still every fucking day we have to listen to you batter on and on and on and fucking on about how Joe Lewis doesn't invest his hard earned money into the club like he's some sort of Saudi fucking Prince.

We're building a new stadium and we're playing the best football we've played since I was fucking born John. And yet I still need to listen to moaning cunts like you and Notabadsquad on a daily fucking basis batter on about how Wembley is just an excuse and how we need to compete in the transfer market.

For once I would just love to see so called fans enjoy what has been a very successful period in our clubs history. But instead I get stuck reading the same shit from you year after fucking year.

Back
Top Bottom