January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we please get some players that can actually score goals other than Kane and Son?

It seems like our front 2 HAS to play every game or we lose.
DUxGsY_WkAEWn-j.jpg

Very interesting stuff. Time for a couple more twists and turns yet then
Nah, I think he's saying we compete in a different way, we have to negotiate (like most clubs), City and Utd just say "how much"? The knock on effect that the likes of City cause for us is we might well be in for a top player, a player that the selling club thinks that they can sell to City or Utd, so they don't sell to us from day one, they wait until City or Utd to come in, only when they don't buy is the path open to us. Now of cause, if you wanted to be a devious fucker, City and Utd can easily pretend they are interested, so the selling clubs waits even longer, sometimes taking it to the end of the window, that is exactly what i would do if I was running City or Utd. I'd make us not bring in a player until the season has already started, giving us no pre-season.

Last edited:
We support a football club. Not an owner. If we were bought by a oil guy so be it.
Fan's are fickle these days. I don't like the owners so I am going to stop supporting this team. It should be a life long commitment!
We wear a kit by a company who were known for the sweatshop child labour in 3rd world countries. We aren't morally perfect, who is these days. It seems a bit tricky/wrong saying its ok because murders worse.
In fact we all probably wear stuff made via child slave labour.

Last edited:
Fan's are fickle these days. I don't like the owners so I am going to stop supporting this team. It should be a life long commitment!

Yeh.... Coz football > human rights and murder.

Such fickle, no-principled cunts! :pochrolleyes:

(Read the posts properly rather than just lumping people into preconceived 'camps' you mug!)

Back
Top Bottom