January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's because you are agenda driven and don't listen.

In the post you just quoted, I listed 5 or 6 reasons alongside Wembley as what our problems have been.

You only see Wembley. I can't force you to read, and it's not my obligation to make you understand. The post is clear enough.
Was making reference to a post where you stated at WHL this season we would have been pushing City right now. I see you've now expanded your list to include other factors as well. That's all

Was making reference to a post where you stated at WHL this season we would have been pushing City right now. I see you've now expanded your list to include other factors as well. That's all

Exapnded? Nope. When we last discussed this I said there many other factors why we had struggled.

You know this. Because you chased me around the thread asking me:

Sammy - you said if we were at WHL we’d be winning the tittle with City - so apart from Wembley - what else is our problem?

What other issues Sammy?

What other issues, Sammy?

Now you say Ive expanded my list. You knew full well I said there more issues than Wembley

This thread needs:

tumblr_inline_ns4bypuLLE1schizx_500.gif

Or window

I mean, the whole purpose of the January window is to allow teams to sign players in case they have some sort of injury crisis. A player out for 6 months or something like that. Instead it's been whipped into a frenzy by Sky Sports and all of a sudden you have a ton of fans believing that the only way you can have a good season is by having 2 good transfer windows. They become obsessed with the idea that the team that wins the transfer window is the team that will win the league.

You can probably count the number of really successful big January signings in the PL on one hand.

Suarez being the only notable one. For every Suarez, there are 10 x Andy Carrolls,

Wasn't Sturridge a January signing as well? Not saying he was amazing, but he hit the ground running and was scoring goals, can't ask more from a player really.

I mean, the whole purpose of the January window is to allow teams to sign players in case they have some sort of injury crisis. A player out for 6 months or something like that. Instead it's been whipped into a frenzy by Sky Sports and all of a sudden you have a ton of fans believing that the only way you can have a good season is by having 2 good transfer windows. They become obsessed with the idea that the team that wins the transfer window is the team that will win the league.

2880160.main_image.jpg

Wasn't Sturridge a January signing as well? Not saying he was amazing, but he hit the ground running and was scoring goals, can't ask more from a player really.

Dzeko, Matic, Coutinho going back Evra and Vidic.

Point is these are the exceptions.... compare it to the number of players signed in the summer who go on to be a major influence in the fortune of their club.

Yep, and ignore that City have spent some 2-300M every year and we still finished above them the last two years.

I'd take him back. Bale and Kane are two of the best players we've had in the last 18 years. Having both at the same time would be tremendous. All depends on wages and the opinions of our physios though.
I agree. If Bale is able to hold up and stay injury free then the combination of Bale, Eriksen, Kane would be a great thing. Who makes way for Bale though?

Back
Top Bottom