January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depay and Martial cost them £80,000,000 odd after potential bonuses and can't see them selling them at a loss.

If we go from Saha and Nelsen to spunking £80,000,000 in Jan during a stadium build I'll inform the authorities that Levy had been kidnapped.

What's he actual done to create this much hype? Genuine question
9 international caps, a Champions League debut and a RM 1st team appearance at 17 is nowt to shake your fist at. He's technically very good from what I've seen. Very nimble with decent passing. It's a pipedream but it makes me salivate what Poch could do with him.

Considering he's well experienced already at 17 with 70+ senior appearances and solid attributes.

9 international caps, a Champions League debut and a RM 1st team appearance at 17 is nowt to shake your fist at. He's technically very good from what I've seen. Very nimble with decent passing. It's a pipedream but it makes me salivate what Poch could do with him.

Considering he's well experienced already at 17 with 70+ senior appearances and solid attributes.
Odegaard was a commercial signing and was forced into the first eleven in Real. He's been average for Castilla

Odegaard was a commercial signing and was forced into the first eleven in Real. He's been average for Castilla

He's been better this season, but he needs time. Writing off players at 17, wow!
He has a lot about him, he isn't only skillfull, but he read the game far beyond his age. He has had a rough start at one of the biggest clubs in the world, but the expectations have been idiotic and unrealistic. He is growing and is living with a pressure that is unheard of for such a young lad.

The last few months he has started to show what he can do for the U21s and Castilla. It will take time, but he will come good.

Far from it. You have heard less about him. Ødegaard will be a very good player, mark my words.

The kid has ruined it for himself and won't make it now , should have slipped off under the radar and signed for someone like Ajax or Psv well before the hype train built up steam , he didn't now he's just another one of those rich kids who made it without ever making it , plying his trade as a novelty act for Real Madrid.

The hype around Odegaard was simply due to the fact that he played football in Norways top flight at the age of 15 - whether he was any good or not that was always going to bring publicity. In the same way that 13 year old up at Celtic is doing now. I haven't seen Odegaard beside one or two appearances for Norway where he made little impact so I wouldn't know how good he actually is.

I imagine though a 15 year old Marcus Edwards would probably have made similar impact in the Norweigen top flight.

Does anyone actually expect us to do anything in January?

The last few have been a let down (other than Alli signing) I can't see that changing unless something drastic happens.

The kid has ruined it for himself and won't make it now , should have slipped off under the radar and signed for someone like Ajax or Psv well before the hype train built up steam , he didn't now he's just another one of those rich kids who made it without ever making it , plying his trade as a novelty act for Real Madrid.

Look no further than Moussa Dembele of Celtic for smart transfer moves - plays in the CL, plays every week, more exposure and more money no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom