January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Levy/Poch have at least asked Madrid about James. There are literally 19 players on their squad (out of a squad of 24) who are getting more playing time than him, it's ridiculous. 2014/15 La Liga Midfielder of the Year, completely healthy, and he's just rotting away on their bench because Zidane doesn't use a #10.

I hope Levy/Poch have at least asked Madrid about James. There are literally 19 players on their squad (out of a squad of 24) who are getting more playing time than him, it's ridiculous. 2014/15 La Liga Midfielder of the Year, completely healthy, and he's just rotting away on their bench because one of the greatest #10s of all time refuses to use a #10.
Problem is we can't inquire without Real trying to turn it into first option for Kane or Dele. Better to stay away.

Problem is we can't inquire without Real trying to turn it into first option for Kane or Dele. Better to stay away.
Why would Real want either of them? They've got Benzema/Morata for strikers and possibly the most stacked midfield on earth, as well as a young prospect of their own who might be on Dele's level.

Why would Real want either of them? They've got Benzema/Morata for strikers and possibly the most stacked midfield on earth, as well as a young prospect of their own who might be on Dele's level.
Because none of that has shit to do with Galacticos. Real want the biggest player in every window, regardless of what makes sense. They've always shown that they're willing to fuck with the squad in chase of the flavor of the moment.

Fucking hell silly season has started again, for once I'm not constantly checking SC's ITK board every 2 minutes to see who we're being linked with. I'm happy with the squad we've got. If we make a signing who can push our first 11 then great. If we don't make a signing I'm not to bothered.

I cannot see us selling either Walker or Rose, let alone both at the same time. The tabloid hacks must be on a slow news week.

IF Dele was to be sold (which he wont), we move on.....Modric, Bale, Berbatov blaaaah blaaaah....funny how we are better off now without them, could be argued because of the money we got for them, and the lessons learned.

The press can print all the shit they want....its funny every time the club answers the rumours with another contract extension though. Poch to Barca? "Nah Fuck off Im Espanyol to the bone"...LOL

We are not Everton, who sell Rooney and Lescott for a combined 55M and buy Jermain Beckford.

No ones going anywhere....funny how there are more rumours about our players than Payet, Ozil and Sanchez eh..

Not sure why anyone is too bothered st present.

We are a club that is building from a strong base.

Sure one or two of our players will eventually move on but not yet, no way.

Pochettino will leave but again not yet. Why would he? Barcelona - great club and arguably a reducing managerial pool of talent but he will need to win something with us first.

Nothing is permanent so what will be will be but with a new stadium, a squad that is developing together and costs for any club upwards of 50 million for all our players I see nothing to fear.

I cannot see Levy selling any of our players to a rival English club.

Not sure why anyone is too bothered st present.

We are a club that is building from a strong base.

Sure one or two of our players will eventually move on but not yet, no way.

Pochettino will leave but again not yet. Why would he? Barcelona - great club and arguably a reducing managerial pool of talent but he will need to win something with us first.

Nothing is permanent so what will be will be but with a new stadium, a squad that is developing together and costs for any club upwards of 50 million for all our players I see nothing to fear.

I cannot see Levy selling any of our players to a rival English club.
I think we get a bit carried away with it all.
From barca's point of view poch has got us as high as 3rd & not won a trophy.
Doubt they will want him. Which is obviously a good thing for us.

I could maybe see atletico madrid wanting him if simeone has enough.

I think Dele will eventually leave. But not for at least two or three years. It's really dependent on us continuing to be part of the new big 6 that seems to be establishing itself in the league, though.

I'm still idealistic and thinking Kane may never go.

All our other players will go at some point. That's just football. I don't see them leaving until they become superfluous, though. It's not like Bale, Modric and Berbatov where we had players in our team who were so clearly better than everyone else in our squad and the rest of the team was totally reliant on them. We have a far more consistent first team now.

With Poch who knows? He will probably decide he eventually wants a different challenge, but we are a team on the up and with the new stadium and stuff he may as well stick around for a bit. The only attraction I can really see of the massive teams is the prestige of having managed them (which he'll probably want at some point as a feather in his cap) and the unlimited funds, but as a manager who loves developing talent I don't see that being a huge draw for him.

We won't lose any of our top players (nor we will lose Poch) until at least the end of next season, but to me whatever will happen it's pretty clear that we have been on the rise for years now (I would say since we sold Berbs and Keane) , and evey season feels like it's only the start. The sky is the limit for us, and I am quite comfortable to say that in the next 10 - 20 years we can win EVERYTHING more than once. EVERYTHING.

Yes, this rise may be about making one two steps forwards and one backwards (e.g. the first "magnificent seven "season") , but in the long term I am not afraid of losing anyone

Back
Top Bottom