January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus player on loan at Sassuolo for last few years. James Richardson and James Horncastle both say he is the future of italian football. Don't think he'd be our type of target- both because he's already a break out star soon to be nestled within the Juve XI and because I'm guessing we're looking for rough diamonds a la Mahrez.
wasn't he being linked last week? the rumour was somewhere in the region £26 million...

wasn't he being linked last week? the rumour was somewhere in the region £26 million...
Yes but we've been linked with Berardi, as have most top clubs in Premierleague for 2-3 seasons. I may be wrong, but I really can't see it happening ever.

If we do bring someone in I think it will be a profile more akin to Ben Yedder at Toulouse, someone who has been relatively consistent at an average Ligue 1 team for 2-3 seasons. He's scored seven goals this season (admittedly in streaks) at an eighteenth position club and would probably be doing better if his start to the season hadn't been interrupted by the disappointment of missing out on a move to Seville.

As Spurs ST who grew up in Belgium and thus follows belgian league closely, don't think Laurent Depoitre would be the right fix. He is a player whose goals are mainly derivative of his strike partner Milicivec (a bit a la Shevchenko-Rebrov mould all though not of the same quality). I haven't seen enough of him though to be honest. Belgian media say west brom are leading the race. I might have a look at the Gent-Anderlecht game from yesterday tonight and then come to a better judgement.

Oduwa coming back could mean Levy has 'bargaining' plans for him re; Fulham/Dembele...
I hope it's only on loan, as i'd simply love to see what he could do in our current attacking midfield one day... (even just for a bit of fun in The Cups next season!!)

...and as a sidenote, maybe if Mr Berbatov is at a loose end, we could do a lot worse if we're still looking for a striker come DEADLINE DAY TM SSN !!!

(i'm joking!)

If we sign Shane Long, I'm going to take the next plane to England and smash Levy's car

I actually like Shane Long, his finishing is weak - but his workrate and determination puts the opposition under a lot of pressure.

Could see him working well in Poch's tactics, particularly as a sub.

I think a Mitchell signing for Southampton as well, FWIW.

People seem to think it’s Domenico Berardi (my mate's on a Spurs Bloomberg forum and this is doing the rounds).
Of course, it could be absolute bollocks. Who is he haha?!
Totti Totti ?
Very good footballer. Would suit our style of play and can play out wide or through the middle. Would cost a lot of money and I think someone mentioned it's agreed that he signs for Juventus in the summer.

Juventus chose to sign him over Berardi in the summer. Strange.
I think they had legal problems with both players, e.g. Zaza was sold to Sassuolo the day after he signed for Juventus. Berardi couldn't transfer to Juventus this summer, so they made a verbal agreement it would happen this summer

I actually like Shane Long, his finishing is weak - but his workrate and determination puts the opposition under a lot of pressure.

Could see him working well in Poch's tactics, particularly as a sub.

I think a Mitchell signing for Southampton as well, FWIW.
I don't rate him at all. Yes his workrate is great, but would he really offer anything to the team? There are many other targets we should pursue before him imo

Oh hot damn, has anyone else noticed that Winks wasn't included in the U21s lineup this morning? (a match where Townsend actually started)

(side note, this just ended 2-2, which could be worse!)

Well perhaps we're greasing the wheels of a Dembele move by including a player/players on loan to Fulham. If so, him being pulled from the U21s could mean it's close...

giphy.gif

stop making up bollocks, i have rated kane since he got a run out during our cup games in the AVB era. I am sorry but I dont rate clinton, he looks very uncoordinated and a bit of a headless chicken. I am yet to see him do anything useful on the pitch.
His first game he made a great assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom