January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in, how's the melting going, chaps?
112114_IndianaJones_TohtFaceMelt.gif

I left you a lovely message in the ambition thread!! Hope you are feeling better, you certainly seem "back in business" shots at levy and hoping Arcy takes his last bath!!

I did. That thread was just the product of a Sunday night after a hectic weekend.

I read that thing about the girl with no arms a legs and realised we are very different people. You found strength in her happiness, I just thought how I couldn't cope with a baby with no appendages.

I think we just have different outlooks on life mate.

I did. That thread was just the product of a Sunday night after a hectic weekend.

I read that thing about the girl with no arms a legs and realised we are very different people. You found strength in her happiness, I just thought how I couldn't cope with a baby with no appendages.

I think we just have different outlooks on life mate.

I know well I'm not saying I could cope with a kid like that I was just thinking thank fuck that ain't me!!! So what does Mrs B say is it kids for you or no?

Me and the wife having same discussions over last few weeks it's a huge step, I'll never be ready but I would like kids soon, I'm a selfish prick so won't be easy but willing to change

The evidence of the last five or so windows says he has a point.
Ok, provide the evidence ! Granted everyone has an opinion, even you Charlie.
You claim to be a forward thinking man of means, who, constantly asks "The Question".
Look back at the last 5 or so windows, as you put it. Not only have we spent money, we have also recieved shitloads. Apart from the pathetically subsidised mega clubs, I think we have pretty much held our own. How do I know this ? Easy, we are still competing.
Be very carefull what you wish for. Unfortunately, I have family(it is distant) in Liverpool. The Reds are dillusional, the Blues, are, well, it has to be said really quite likeable. Both are desperate for Middle East oil money. They can't quite believe me when I say that I would rather do without the Middle East tarnished, human rights tarnished,blood coloured hands, sharia law loving,horse racing, alcohol swilling,absolute fuckin joke cunt hypocrites that basically makes up the Middle East.
Having said that, I realise that the majority of the population are oppressed, I was, of course, venting my angst towards the scum butchers that are currently stamping their authority throughout the region.
Note to Bestevergreaves or whatever your fuckin name is, Im guessing that you are old enough to remember the last big War. Or at least, know someone who does. Look back through recent history, would you really want to accept money from the Middle East to make your "club" better.
"At What Price".

OK, so I know it's not Spurs related, but can anyone explain what the heck the point of this is? The guy has played a whopping 51 minutes of Championship football this season...

I know well I'm not saying I could cope with a kid like that I was just thinking thank fuck that ain't me!!! So what does Mrs B say is it kids for you or no?

Me and the wife having same discussions over last few weeks it's a huge step, I'll never be ready but I would like kids soon, I'm a selfish prick so won't be easy but willing to change

We are both flipping between ambivalence, procrastination, head scratching and looking at a mortgage statement that is five years from zero.

Add to that a love of travel, party, expensive dining, zero expectation or responsibility, sleep, peace and quiet and the casual indulgence in drugs and you have a straight forward answer.

Then add to that an urge to settle down, reproduce become part of a circle of friends who have sacrificed all that to spawn what appear to be snotty little monsters, parents who have deader eyes than me after a long weekend in Ibiza....the situation is confusing.

I love the way people say to you "do it, its magical, your life will never be the same" whilst looking at you with eyes that say "kill me now.....PLEASE"

A part of me thinks (and wants to believe) we wanted to get rid of Ade but just not to West Ham and Levy pulled them along right until the last minute then told them to fuck off, just to ruin all their other transfer plans :levywhoa:

I doubt it but it's a nice thought. I'm sure levy wanted to off load him as much as anyone but sometimes his terms are unachievable , see David "the skip" Bentley

A part of me thinks (and wants to believe) we wanted to get rid of Ade but just not to West Ham and Levy pulled them along right until the last minute then told them to fuck off, just to ruin all their other transfer plans :levywhoa:
Could be one or the other. After the Olympic Stadium deal, I could definitely see the latter being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom