January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And 2 disagrees as well. Proved me right.
I have 13 of them, all from you i guess.

You're the cuntest cunt to ever cunt.

For the trollz!

And there you go. 301 pages of imaginary signings, big tents, a fair bit of trolling, hundreds of tweets, many memes and 0 purchases.

When was our last marque signing? Eriksen and.....VDV?...

WRONG! Ironically, all our 'Marque' players were homegrown;

Marque Falco
Marque Robson
Marque Kendall
Marque Stimson
Marque Yeates...

...and i'm outta here! Wake me tomorrow night when the madness of Jim White-day is over!

EDIT: OK OK, I realise i've made an absolutely heinous error... Mark Robson!!! ...we signed him from Exeter... but didn't exactly have to fight off Barcelona or Milan at the time though, so hardly 'Marquee'!)

scrooge-mcduck_zps1d7b3417.gif

It's time.

Edin Dzeko could be easy to sign on loan if we convince City that he is going to be our weapon to stop United from the top 4.

Stumbling block is still the wages. City players are on a ridiculous amount. Pretty sure Scott Sinclair is on 80K a week..

So Dzeko would be on 120K at least IMO.

I'd love another English Striker like Ings or Austin.

WRONG! Ironically, all our 'Marque' players were homegrown;

Marque Falco
Marque Robson
Marque Kendall
Marque Stimson
Marque Yeates...

...and i'm outta here! Wake me tomorrow night when the madness of Jim White-day is over!

EDIT: OK OK, I realise i've made an absolutely heinous error... Mark Robson!!! ...we signed him from Exeter... but didn't exactly have to fight off Barcelona or Milan at the time though, so hardly 'Marquee'!)

Perhaps Levy should go all out and sign the Marqueeest of Marques

yet you still clicked
marky-mark.jpg

Last edited:
Edin Dzeko could be easy to sign on loan if we convince City that he is going to be our weapon to stop United from the top 4.

Stumbling block is still the wages. City players are on a ridiculous amount. Pretty sure Scott Sinclair is on 80K a week..

Agree about Ings or Austin but would cost whopping amounts & almost certainly condemn Burnley/QPR to relegation. So very unlikely signings in this window (fingers crossed I'm wrong). Dzeko tho? Obtainable. No long term commitment & as you say, if city thought he could help us to shaft United, they'd be sorely tempted. They may even subsidise his wages:adegrin:

I don't get the obsession for another striker?
1.) Kane is the highest scoring striker in English football at this current moment in time, replacing a man in his form would be nonsensical.
2.) Buying a partner for him would result in dropping/moving Eriksen from his current position where hes most effective and has won us a huge amount of points.
3.) Would the likes of Dzeko want to come to us and play second fiddle to a 21 year old on loan?
4.) Its difficult to bring in a striker of top quality in January as clubs know the importance of their forward men at this crucial part of the season.

I don't get the obsession for another striker?
1.) Kane is the highest scoring striker in English football at this current moment in time, replacing a man in his form would be nonsensical.
2.) Buying a partner for him would result in dropping/moving Eriksen from his current position where hes most effective and has won us a huge amount of points.
3.) Would the likes of Dzeko want to come to us and play second fiddle to a 21 year old on loan?
4.) Its difficult to bring in a striker of top quality in January as clubs know the importance of their forward men at this crucial part of the season.
So you'd rather risk Kane getting an injury and us becoming toothless

trix: Just checked and it appears Alli has the same agent as *** a guy called*****. This could very well be on the money!!!!

BrakeYawSelf: A little birdie just told me the Kaboul for Werner swap is looking more and more probable as the day goes on.
While the birdie could not identify it's sources it did take a crap on my windowsill. So Good Luck!

Oh how I hate itk

Edin Dzeko could be easy to sign on loan if we convince City that he is going to be our weapon to stop United from the top 4. Stumbling block is still the wages. City players are on a ridiculous amount. Pretty sure Scott Sinclair is on 80K a week..So Dzeko would be on 120K at least IMO. I'd love another English Striker like Ings or Austin.

But ...
Last time we loaned a striker from City didn't they pay his wages?

:levylol: :adethumbup:

But if you ain't paying a transfer fee, you can pay the fucking wages,... no. then again, with Levy, I guess they have to pay the fucking wages too.

Kane is awesome, Dzeko is great too, would be space for both of them, don't forget that in case of Eriksen gets injury, maybe Kane is the best player for number 10 role, and if Kane gets an injury (God forbid :avbpray:) who will play as striker and SCORE? Certainly not Soldado, great guy but can't score to save his life, and not the other clown, yes you :adestare:

Dzeko would be the great. Ings would be nice too obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom