January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep when you think of some of the great transfers over the last 20 year from Klinnsmann to Van Der Vart skillful flair players have mostly been a hit, Shaqiri is a top player shame we didn't go for him, do you know the fee?
I think it was 18MM Euros.

Yep when you think of some of the great transfers over the last 20 year from Klinnsmann to Van Der Vart skillful flair players have mostly been a hit, Shaqiri is a top player shame we didn't go for him, do you know the fee?
Fee can't be large, I'd imagine. Inter are not even in the CL and unlikely to quilfy this season again. Not to mention where Serie A is overall

80k per week at City. Not unaffordable, but would put him in the top earners. Could ruffle some feathers.

All this is hypothetical as I have no idea how people who get paid 50kpw react when someone gets paid more.
Given that he is 29 he might be open to a pay cut given that we have high aspirations, unlikely I know but he seems to be a decent bloke that gets the job done.
Also considering there would only be a small outlay, if any considering his contract is up at the end of the year, could whack in a healthy signing on fee for him and his agent... That'd keep him happy surely?

Given that he is 29 he might be open to a pay cut given that we have high aspirations, unlikely I know but he seems to be a decent bloke that gets the job done.
Also considering there would only be a small outlay, if any considering his contract is up at the end of the year, could whack in a healthy signing on fee for him and his agent... That'd keep him happy surely?

Oh I am all for it. Was just suggesting a possible stumbling bock.

I think he fits the situation perfectly and can cover so many positions. I would happily pay him 80kpw as he is one to put in 100% every game.

I think Levy brought in MP because he was credited with the knack of getting a lot out of young players and playing, one, two touch attractive football.
We also brought in Mitchell to make decisions on whether we have a player in the camp equally as good, or better, than players touted about. We will only buy if it is a better option.
I feel the set up is now geared towards austerity -unless we sell and have the money to purchase a player that is a better option than what we have- and promotion from the ranks, as there are going to be some tough times ahead.
I feel we will buy young low with a prospect of a future high sell on price, or develop and sell/promote.
With all the money earmarked for the NDP, I doubt we will see Spurs spend £15 -20m on a player in January.
We may do that in the summer when we can offload some of the players on high wages who are not getting used. If the last 4 years are anything to go by, we will have to sell to buy.
Maybe we will see some loans though.

Danny Ings keeps coming up in the media, I personally like him think he is a future top talent, good speed, power and directness but thinking about it from Levy's perspective a young, English (Home Grown Player) centre forward who would be a low price due to his contract ending this season seems a very typical Levy type of player.

Not top quality ready striker like Benteke or anything but would far prefer to have than Ade or Bobby.

http://www.teamtalk.com/papertalk/9636460/Regional-Paper-Talk-Spurs-to-bid-for-Ings
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ursuit_of_Burnley_striker_Danny_Ings/?ref=rss

The more I think about Ings the more feeling I have where he could potentially be the perfect partner for Kane. He has that English hard working mentality that poch loves, has pace and he knows where the goal is. We should just offer burnley a to good to turn deal like 10 mil and burnley would have to accept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom