January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope our scouts are hard at work looking for attacking talent. We need creativity and finishing ability. Going after Welbeck was the right idea, and he'll probably score 15-20 goals for Woolwich this season. A goal scorer and a playmaker should be top of our list, if not in January then next summer.

I hope our scouts are hard at work looking for attacking talent. We need creativity and finishing ability. Going after Welbeck was the right idea, and he'll probably score 15-20 goals for Woolwich this season. A goal scorer and a playmaker should be top of our list, if not in January then next summer.

J Rod?

I read somewhere his contract is up soon? Could be wrong but that would make him cheapish.

I'm so happy we didn't get Welbeck. It amazes me that people think he's a good player. I think that he'll barely get 10 goals this year. He looked hopeless against us and has against most teams that aren't in the bottom half of the table.

I'm so happy we didn't get Welbeck. It amazes me that people think he's a good player. I think that he'll barely get 10 goals this year. He looked hopeless against us and has against most teams that aren't in the bottom half of the table.
He's very limited in terms of deployment on the field and would mean dropping Chadli who's been one of our best players so far this season

Last edited:
He's got 4 already, but we'll see. Not a favorite of mine, but I understand the thought process behind trying to sign him.

The only issue is that with some youth ready for next year (perhaps even late this year for Pritchard) to get a run in the team. You'd need to make sure that players signed were going to be really good, and also make space by clearing out non-performers. Could be a tricky task to ship unwanted players to new homes.

He's got 4 already, but we'll see. Not a favorite of mine, but I understand the thought process behind trying to sign him.
Oh I was talking about league goals. They always seem to struggle more in the league than Europe. He'll easily get 15-20 in all competitions but I think that's more of a product of them having so many playmakers behind him than him being quality.

All players are shite until they're linked to us and overnight they immediately transform into world-class players. In the minds of supporters, at least.

The only issue is that with some youth ready for next year (perhaps even late this year for Pritchard) to get a run in the team. You'd need to make sure that players signed were going to be really good, and also make space by clearing out non-performers. Could be a tricky task to ship unwanted players to new homes.

It always is at Tottenham with Levy seemingly prepared to run down contracts rather than take a hit on the fee. We've got loads of players so January will be all about selling before we buy and that's always fun. The good news is Togo have lost their first 2 qualifiers so looking likely they'll fail to qualify.

Offloading Ade should be our no.1 priority in January - in place of one quality attacking unit - Cuadrado, Bony or Destro - hopefully the latter. Probably on half the wages too.

Offloading Ade should be our no.1 priority in January - in place of one quality attacking unit - Cuadrado, Bony or Destro - hopefully the latter. Probably on half the wages too.
We're not getting Destro. Roma have no reason to sell with them having CL, stable ownership, and their great league performances. Cuadrado is out of our league as well. Barca will snap him up if we decide to go after him.

We're not getting Destro. Roma have no reason to sell with them having CL, stable ownership, and their great league performances. Cuadrado is out of our league as well. Barca will snap him up if we decide to go after him.
I used to make similar comments about Lamela and Soldado last summer - you'd be surprised how far wages and 'London' can stretch - especially in Cuadrado's case who's probably earning less than half of someone like Ade for example. He'll be on the bench at Barca, not to mention.

I used to make similar comments about Lamela and Soldado last summer - you'd be surprised how far wages and 'London' can stretch - especially in Cuadrado's case who's probably earning less than half of someone like Ade for example. He'll be on the bench at Barca, not to mention.
If Alvez does end up leaving like the rumors are saying I could see Cuadrado becoming their starting RB. He's played there before and would be a perfect fit for that position for them. It would also cost us probably 30-40 million, which I don't see us paying. I guess I could see a scenario where all the top clubs decide they don't need him and Levy will part with a lot of money where he could come to us. Although the chances of that are slim to none IMO.

I'm telling you there's no chance we get Destro though. He's their only true striker, Italian, and young. They will not sell and have no reason to. The Lamela situation was entirely different as they didn't have CL at that point, had just changed managers, and were in a mediocre league position. They're easily the second best team in Italy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom