January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barton on BBC radio just said ''We could do with someone like Adebayor (at QPR), he can always score a goal when he hasn't got a voodoo on him..'' :paulinholol:

I apologise for turning this into a 'choose your own adventure' thread.
:adeohshit:

You are Fazio, and have Costa running towards you with the ball towards goal.
Do you...?

A) Turn to track his run.
Poor choice. The ball is already in the back of the net before you've rotated. Also, it's now Saturday.

B) Punch the fucker in the ribs.
Bloody idiot, you're supposed to wait until a corner or free kick when the referee isn't looking.
The Fighting Cock Forum goes into civil war over whether you're a hero or moron.

C) Pressure him, and buy time until more defenders arrive/Costa is forced to take a tricky shot.
Excellent. Spurs survives for now as the shot is saved comfortably by Lloris.
He embraces you with fraternal love, and you feel his soft Gallic stubble against your face.

Last edited:
OUT....NOW....TODAY

Andros....sorry, as someone said, I really want to like you as a player. But its just woeful. Awful, awful player.

Soldado...words fail me...I would genuinely rather have Chamakh..thats as much as I can muster...just fuck off.

Paulinho.....wank. Big load of wank, no heart bottle job.

Ade...defended you to the hilt. What do you do in your spare time? Tweet praise to Henry. Just go.

Capoue....."mini Yaya"......read that again. Yes...Mini...Yaya. Maybe...if Yaya was fucking SHIT.

Levy for once, do not let our season unravel after January. Sell some cunts, and buy some cunts.

Thanks Spurs for today. Nice one.

:adethumbup:

levy2.gif

I have a feeling that the ones that got most disappointed got fooled by the "exclusive" story that we would splurge out 60 million yesterday.

The coverage by SSN was cringeworthy. You can count the big deals on one hand; Bony, that defender to Woolwich, Lennon loan, Schürrle and Cuardado. All big fuss for nothing.

No big deals in for United, Liverpool, City and ourselves. One big transfer for Woolwich, who could well turn out to need ages to get used to the league and finally Chavs who sent a worldcup winner packing with a new shiny toy coming in...who may not be much better than the one they sold.

The fact is, this window has been the quietest window in ages, for all top clubs. The squad is kept together for another 5 months and it may not be a bad thing, as there are players with a point to prove to provide some competition for the ones already in the starting lineups. The bright side of DLD is long term - Alli is supposed to be a great talent and fits in with the likes of Oduwa, Onomah, Winks, Azzaoui, Vejlkovic, Pritchard, Walker-Peters, Ogilvie and the rest as promising young players at the club.

I see no reason to hide sharp objects at all. Roll on the rest of the season.

Scum have got 2 that have strengthened their squad

They have'nt even kicked a ball yet for them. They might be total shit, like a lot of their signings are.

The hysteria is getting beyond a joke....I mean holding Woolwich up as a beacon of a club that strengthens when and where needed is fucking laughable. They still havent replaced Seaman and Viera ffs.

Sky have turned the transfer window into a soap opera, and there is a frenzy of deluded know nothings thinking they can run a football club all of a sudden.

Laughable stuff

Go to page 220. Several discussed there. Just a pet-hate when fans simply state "Oh, there's no good strikers left in the world", yet do 0 looking around or thinking. Hence the disagree, because it's a false statement.

Michu and Bony were found because they were high scorers in Spain and Holland. Bony scored 31 goals in 30 apps; he's probably quite good then. Isn't hard to find targets, just go on Soccerway, click a league, scroll down and look at the top scorers. The ones you've not heard of? They're probably realistic options, and there's hundreds of them.

If you think there's no "decent options available" in an entire continent, never mind world, you're deluded. Southampton got Elia this window. Plays 2 game, scores 2 goals. There's always options, just have to look for them and use your head, instead of reading newspapers.
Elia got 4 in 66 for Bremen, which is why they let him out on loan. He's shite.

As for Soccerway and Youtube, your favoured scouting options, please poke both up your cock. For the names sammyspurs sammyspurs mentioned, there's another fuckload that failed miserably after transferring from lower standard leagues. It's rare to find a gem.
What is less rare is signing a player who is used to playing in this country, that we can then develop. Therefore, we need to be looking at Ings, Gayle, Rhodes, etc, not some flash in the pan with a good goals to game against shitey wee Dutch teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom