January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester have signed Kramaric, a player we were linked with earlier. He turned down Chelsea to get more playing time. Might very well be the next why-the-fuck-didn't-we-sign-him type of striker.

He doesnt have to say they are shit, but id like to hear something along the lines of "the club are always looking to improve and if the right players become available we will weigh our options" etc

I mean, if Ade is for sale/permanently dropped, then he knows that full well. Poch doesnt need to say he's great in the papers to keep his moral up. He knows the truth.

Why not tell us whats going on? Why hasnt he once made the bench since coming back from his break?
If we're trying to shift Ade it would be easier without revealing the world (and other potential suitors) what trouble he can be. Also if we need Ade at some point it will be better for us if he's playing without Poch having gone public about what a let-down he is.

Leicester have signed Kramaric, a player we were linked with earlier. He turned down Chelsea to get more playing time. Might very well be the next why-the-fuck-didn't-we-sign-him type of striker.
Huge respect to the lad for turning down the bigger money for a lot more play time, although we didn't sign him, it's nice to see not every footballer is a complete moneywhoring twat, cough cough Ade

Are some people really getting mad at Ade for not leaving because he's refusing to take less money elsewhere?

How many people would do someone else a favor by taking less money? It's not his fault we offered him a ridiculous contract with ridiculous wages. We all would have taken that. Spurs are stupid for offering it to him. They knew his history. We were foolish to think that he suddenly turned into a player who gave a shit.

Why bother listening to his interviews then?
Some of it isn't worth listening to, it doesn't have to be a black/white issue. The truth isn't going to help the team and isn't going to make it any easier to off-load someone if he says that certain players are issues for the club. Not everything in every interview is full of lies or half-truths, but some of it is.

I think that a statement like you suggest along the lines of "we're always looking to improve, blah blah blah..." is a completely empty statement and no better or worse than what he said. It's a non-response response that does nothing other than help you side-step a potential opportunity to put your foot in your mouth.

Are some people really getting mad at Ade for not leaving because he's refusing to take less money elsewhere?

How many people would do someone else a favor by taking less money? It's not his fault we offered him a ridiculous contract with ridiculous wages. We all would have taken that. Spurs are stupid for offering it to him. They knew his history. We were foolish to think that he suddenly turned into a player who gave a shit.
You are absolutely correct, the truth just kind of sucks.

If we bring in Reid on a free. Say 60kpw as quoted on a 4 year deal the the total outlay for that player is 12.4mil + agent / signing fee / bonuses. So say around £15million.

I think that is pretty reasonable if we feel he is going to be a 1st team player. Especially if he were to be sold for any sort of fee at a later date.

Essentially, if we offer 20kpw than competing clubs for a free player, over a 4 year deal that is only £4.2mil. You will struggle to buy any quality for that. We should jump at the chance of a free player if they are what we require in footballing terms.
I agree, Kaboul could be gone this summer and BAE will fee up £40k pw, and a defender with EPL experience to slot in with the other 2 main ones is essential. It all depends on what MP thinks he needs.

Danny Murphy was on TalkSport this morning praising Swansea's transfer policy. Said the fact such a small club had managed to break even on transfers over the last 4 years yet still maintain a mid table position was a huge achievement. He then pointed out that the only other club to break even, in fact make a profit too was Spurs. He then suggested that's probably the reason we achieve fuck all. And for such a big club our fans should expect much more. I have to say, I'm inclined to agree with him.
Danny Murphy also talks a lot of shit. What other team with a 36k capacity has finished in the top 4 since 2000?
What other team with a 36k capacity & no oligarch has finished in the top 4 since Chavs, Manure, City domination?
We can't buy the league like Chavs/City or top 4 like Leeds.
When you think that we are the only other club to break even and make a profit over the last 4/5 years and since 2009/10 have had 2 top 4 finishes, 2 5th and 1 6th place, then we have done extremely well.
Stupid cunt.

Defoe is 33 years old this year, I don't know why some of you are getting upset about this…
Also, on Poch talking about our strikers, he'd be silly to say "we're looking for a striker" or something along those lines. All the other clubs will then put up their asking price when we come in for one of strikers and then we'll moan that Levy is taking his time negotiating on the transfer fee...
:paulinhofacepalm:

I also doubt we're signing any strikers this window anyway, unless Adebayor is sold...

Also, on Poch talking about our strikers, he'd be silly to say "we're looking for a striker" or something along those lines. All the other clubs will then put up their asking price when we come in for one of strikers and then we'll moan that Levy is taking his time negotiating on the transfer fee...

I think most clubs already know that we're after a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom