January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's younger than that American chap, whathisname, Clint something? :baletroll:

:adeohshit: Shh.....we don't talk about that. If anyone asks his body is that of a 24 year old.

tumblr_liqmae7z3c1qb5sua.gif

Oh aye. Why pay money for a proven goalscorer who has at least five years left in him when we could buy potential instead?

That way, we could potentially win something at some point. Potentially. Maybe.

On the last page there was some discussion on Huntelaar. Great striker, but I don't think he is the right guy for our needs..mostly because of age. Three aging front men does not seem like a long term solution, especially given the amount Shalke is gonna demand for his services.

AVB should go with someone proven and young (in no particular order):

Julian Draxler
El Shaarawy
Edinson Cavani

0xYWw.gif

On the last page there was some discussion on Huntelaar. Great striker, but I don't think he is the right guy for our needs..mostly because of age. Three aging front men does not seem like a long term solution, especially given the amount Shalke is gonna demand for his services.

AVB should go with someone proven and young (in no particular order):

Julian Draxler
El Shaarawy
Edinson Cavani

you just pick up Cavani in FIFA manager mode or something? not a realistic option.

I'd still take Remy, wouldn't be unhappy with Llorente. But part of me is still hoping that Sandro can sweet talk Damiao into a white shirt.

in my fifa 13 career mode, picked up isco for £15m at the start, then in jan, sold him to barcelona for £35m and adebayor to inter for £27m and replaced them with neymar for £32m and remy for £15m. could happen in real life IMO

some guy on another spurs forum who called a couple of the transfers correctly over the summer seems pretty adamant that zaha will be a spurs player by jan 31st, don't know what to make of it really but if its true, then we'll have a really good player to over the wings should either bale or lennon get injured

some guy on another spurs forum who called a couple of the transfers correctly over the summer seems pretty adamant that zaha will be a spurs player by jan 31st, don't know what to make of it really but if its true, then we'll have a really good player to over the wings should either bale or lennon get injured
Nah mate, that's Saha, not Zaha. :baletroll:

Not entirely convinced of Zaha. I suspect if we brought him in it would be with an eye to the future more than the immediate.

He is a player that can make things happen, but lacks maturity and can be quite careless at times. Either not spotting the right ball to play or running down a blind alley and losing it.

Championship wingers worth interest (if thats the market we are in) are Redmond and Birmingham and Ince at Blackpool - worth keeping an eye on

Back
Top Bottom