January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't say that KJH is "cack", but I aggree that he flatters to deceive. I think he's one of those players who's bottled it on the biggest stage. That's not to say that he isn't a very good player, but if you are a top player you don't have so many crap seasons in a row, even as a super-sub. He's definately in the Defoe mold.

I think the jury is out on whether or not he has what it takes to set the PL on fire. That said, if we signed him then I wouldn't get upset about it. He's certainly an improvement on the likes of Pav, and, iMO, probably just that little bit better than Defoe.

I wouldn't say that KJH is "cack", but I aggree that he flatters to deceive. I think he's one of those players who's bottled it on the biggest stage. That's not to say that he isn't a very good player, but if you are a top player you don't have so many crap seasons in a row, even as a super-sub. He's definately in the Defoe mold.

You could say a similar thing about VDV, he went to Madrid and struggled to get in the team, he is still a high quality player, there is no reason Huntelaar wouldn't be the same. Footballers very much need the right stage on which to perform. Look at Forlan he was utter shite at Man Utd, but at Atletico and for Uruguay he was immense. Some players need the proper environment in which to flourish. Strikers more so than other positions IMO. That's not to say I think Huntelaar is a quality player in the same dimension as Hulk, or Falcao. But he seems to be doing ok at Shalke.

I think the jury is out on whether or not he has what it takes to set the PL on fire. That said, if we signed him then I wouldn't get upset about it. He's certainly an improvement on the likes of Pav, and, iMO, probably just that little bit better than Defoe.

It would all depend on how well he settled into the pace of the premier league and on how well he fit in to the way we play. I wouldn't want us spending mega bucks on this guy. Not when the likes of Damiao are on our radar. If we are going to go for someone who is a bit of a gamble, and spend good money I would rather we went for the up and coming youngster than the mid career drifter.

^ I agree, although I fair that Damiao is not going to be a Spurs player. I think if he was going to be then we would've managed to do a deal by now. KJH may be a cheaper alternative.

^ I agree, although I fair that Damiao is not going to be a Spurs player. I think if he was going to be then we would've managed to do a deal by now. KJH may be a cheaper alternative.

Unfortunately I think you might be right about Damiao, but I can live in hope. I'm also hoping Hulk hates it in Russia and wants to come meet up with his pal AVB :ossie: look a man can dream ok!

Thing is, if Huntelaar does well enough at Shalke to warrant a move to the prem, then they are going to want a fair chunk of money to prise him away from them.

I think something the last 5 or 6 years has proved is that finding a world class striker in our price range is like trying to buy a decent Rolls Royce for 5 grand.

Unfortunately I think you might be right about Damiao, but I can live in hope. I'm also hoping Hulk hates it in Russia and wants to come meet up with his pal AVB :ossie: look a man can dream ok!

Thing is, if Huntelaar does well enough at Shalke to warrant a move to the prem, then they are going to want a fair chunk of money to prise him away from them.

I think something the last 5 or 6 years has proved is that finding a world class striker in our price range is like trying to buy a decent Rolls Royce for 5 grand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLLS-ROY...0738439?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c2c34be87 :avblol:

Gareth Bale for Luka Modric swap?
NvvFt.jpg

If Madrid offered that I'd tell them to fuck off. Modric doesn't want to be here and Dembele is settling in just fine. Who would replace Bale?

Haha I'm just being sarcastic friend. But a lot of folks had a minor hernia over who would replace Modric and that worked out pretty well. Honestly, there are a lot of left wingers out there.

And when there is money to be made... :levystare:

On the last page there was some discussion on Huntelaar. Great striker, but I don't think he is the right guy for our needs..mostly because of age. Three aging front men does not seem like a long term solution, especially given the amount Shalke is gonna demand for his services.

AVB should go with someone proven and young (in no particular order):

Julian Draxler
El Shaarawy
Edinson Cavani

Back
Top Bottom