January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jenas is back with us.

I'm back from work trip, so will try and keep the ITK thread up to date

Gone quiet on Moutinho. If it doesn't happen then I think we may get Holtby early on.

Not sure we will see anyone in now until we have shifted a few out

Well if JJ is back, we've no need to bring Holtby in early...

... :roflmao:

A couple of signings this week so we can shock the fuck out of United old and infirm defence would be very nice. Damiao Holtby and Moutinho
:avbpray: :avbpray: :avbpray:

Saturday's game really highlighted our lack of a creative midfielder and a striker who is the difference between a frustrating afternoon and a satisfactory one. There have been a handful of games, Everton, Stoke, QPR and Wigan where it looked like we had very little to offer in terms of a legitimate threat, and if teams nullify our threat from the wing, or the wide players have an off game as Bale and Lennon did on Saturday we don't look like scoring at all.

If we were able to bring in Holtby, which I would be surprised given Shalke are still in the CL and a player of Negredo's quality, I honestly think we would have won at QPR. Our options on the bench don't look inspirational and for all of Dempsey's improvement and Sigurdsson's potential, neither are the player to break down a stubborn, defensive team.

Sometimes it requires a piss poor performance to show up the type of player required, hopefully it will accelerate moves for whichever targets we are after.

As much as I want Damiao / Llorente / Negredo & Moutinho / Willian, I really can't see us signing anyone else in the window, unless Defoe gets injured. Even then, I think it would only be a loan deal.

Back
Top Bottom