January 2012 Transfer Window Thread *Warning: Contains ITK*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: January 2012 Transfer Window Thread *Warning: Contains I

There have been a few notable winter signings though, Blanchflower, White, Greaves, Gilzean, Chivers, Galvin, Klinsmann, Thorstvedt, Sinton, Taricco and Freund and...Kevin Scott.

ArtyB said:
There have been a few notable winter signings though, Blanchflower, White, Greaves, Gilzean, Chivers, Galvin, Klinsmann, Thorstvedt, Sinton, Taricco and Freund and...Kevin Scott.

You forget Nicola Berti...

Sibs said:
All blue and white. Wasn't he England youth captain?

In fairness to the kid he's been one of the best players of his age group at every level for years. Even a year or so ago he was one of the outstanding players for the England U19s.

For whatever reason he just doesn't seem to be transferring that to the senior teams.

I don't know what we do to our kids, but in general we seem to get highly promising youngsters who manage to avoid becoming anything other than lower league also-rans.

Hopefully that will change soon

ron burgundy said:
Sibs said:
All blue and white. Wasn't he England youth captain?

In fairness to the kid he's been one of the best players of his age group at every level for years. Even a year or so ago he was one of the outstanding players for the England U19s.

For whatever reason he just doesn't seem to be transferring that to the senior teams.

I don't know what we do to our kids, but in general we seem to get highly promising youngsters who manage to avoid becoming anything other than lower league also-rans.

Hopefully that will change soon

I don't think we're much better or worse at youth development than most other clubs. It takes something special to make that final step up to professional senior football at PL level, and it's only natural that a majority of youth players don't make it.

For every Rooney there's thousands of Dixons, IMO.

I tend to think it's more a case of us fans overrating the ability of talented youngsters, hoping he's the next Messi or Zidane.

Dont know if anyone has done this?

[itk=SkySports date=20 January inout=Out player=Pav status=website probability=7]Rubin want Pav and have opened talks apparently[/itk]

[itk=Archibald date=19th January inout=out player=Gomes status=itk probability=8]"Gomes been in Holland this week speaking to 2 clubs for perm transfer enquiry for loan also to Brazil and Germany. Problem is wages so there is a chance he will see his contract out to be free agent. This is gonna be interesting to see what Levy does"[/itk]

[itk=ryantegan date=20th January inout=out player=Harry Redknapp status=itk probability=8]"Just heard that harry is sitting on a £25m 2 year deal from China and another from Saudi. He has affectively rejected both. Thats after tax by the way"[/itk]

Sibs said:
[itk=ryantegan date=20th January inout=out player=Harry Redknapp status=itk probability=8]"Just heard that harry is sitting on a £25m 2 year deal from China and another from Saudi. He has affectively rejected both. Thats after tax by the way"[/itk]

Haha, that would be a helluva commute for him.

[itk=JJetset date=20th January inout=in player=Transfer Window in General status=itk probability=7]"Tough question at the moment. Its like a script that gets followed every window...no money, sell before buy and its is honestly just like that.
Been a busy week with loads of talks re loans and sells but it changes by the minute so in reality anything that comes up as ITK could have been true at that given time but things are changing all the time.

All i will say on LD is that it's being complicated by his agent in Brazil at the moment. You think its going somewhere and then it is a waste of time and effort.

Loads of players being offered to us by clubs and agents and us doing the same too.
This is why the window is daft really as no-one does business until the last week unless they receive an offer to good to refuse, the rest including us just wait and try and do deals.Then it becomes a power and ego trip in some cases.

So busier next week but still cant really see us bringing anyone in on permanent next week and also you get better deals on loans in the last week too.

Its up to 1 person as to if or when we do business just like every window. If we lose on Sunday i can imagine Harry ramping up his player requirements and trying to put Daniel under pressure via the media"
[/itk]

I've sure Kevin Bond wouldn't have minded doing the driving every day.

In other new Sochaux have just signed a player called Yaya Banana

ron burgundy said:
Sibs said:

Lets hope no one sinks as low as suggesting he's a slippery character.

That would just be inexcusable

I'd imagine he could just skin most players :akabusi:

Sibs said:
ron burgundy said:
Sibs said:

Lets hope no one sinks as low as suggesting he's a slippery character.

That would just be inexcusable

I'd imagine he could just skin most players :akabusi:
I'm guessing he's a striker that peels away from defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom