James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes- I think he’s our most important attacker.
You're saying that because he plays a critical position

He's supposed to be a 'playmaker' and where our 'creativity' is supposed to from much like Eriksen during the Poch days

But the issue is, Maddison isn't playing at a high level like Eriksen and has nowhere near the same level of production/end-product as a player like Son

Madders is a very good player and plays an important position but he's not elite - that's why he has never really started for England let alone get into the squad

Son would have easily gotten into England's squad and started most games the last 5 years w/ the exception of last season

He needs to be played back into form and his minutes are being managed which is why he was substituted early. He looked much better today than he has in the past few games so he's slowly getting there.

So when other players struggle, you are supposed to step up and do something meaningful if you are one of the ‘star’ players. We cant just rely on Son to score/assist every game to get a result. At some point, Madders has got to pull his weight

Well I think everyone agrees that he needs to step up again. But he's far from the worst performer we have currently, and it's clear that his injury stopped him in his tracks. Sometimes it takes a player a while, and longer than fans would hope for, to find top form again.

But subbing him off yesterday when he looked as likely to create something as anyone was a bad decision by Ange, not to mention how God awful his replacement in the game was.

Yes- I think he’s our most important attacker.

Son is on a completely different level to Maddison, this is a baffling take. I genuinely don’t know where it could come from other than a few months of fantastic form.

Son is bordering on PL legend. He’s definitely a Spurs legend. He’s our most unique player in terms of profile and by far our biggest match-winner.

Maddison is really good. But he isn’t Son level and never has been.

So far, Mads has been for us pretty much what he was for Leicester. Unplayable on his day, who has a glorious stretch or two during the season...goals & assists galore. But who also gets injured for some time year in year out. And who goes awol for many matches in a row even when 100% fit.

Really no surprise there. We knew what we were buying.

Son is on a completely different level to Maddison, this is a baffling take. I genuinely don’t know where it could come from other than a few months of fantastic form.

Son is bordering on PL legend. He’s definitely a Spurs legend. He’s our most unique player in terms of profile and by far our biggest match-winner.

Maddison is really good. But he isn’t Son level and never has been.

Son is the best finisher in world football, maybe ever.

He's 100% and Prem legend.

Maddison isn't close to his level.

Son is a serviceable player nowadays. But if current son is your best attacker, you won’t be competing for titles.

Great player over his career, but he’s nowhere near his peak. It doesn’t matter how good he was at ages 26-29 or that he’s a PL legend. He’s 31 now and it matters how good he is at age 31. He can get on the end of opportunities but can no longer create on his own.

looking seriously fucked off with the lack of quality around him and i dont blame him. you got son and werner playing simple passes behind him when hes running forward! give him players to work with who are on his level and teams will get carved up.

Son is a serviceable player nowadays. But if current son is your best attacker, you won’t be competing for titles.

Great player over his career, but he’s nowhere near his peak. It doesn’t matter how good he was at ages 26-29 or that he’s a PL legend. He’s 31 now and it matters how good he is at age 31. He can get on the end of opportunities but can no longer create on his own.

Haaland can't create his own opportunities.

‘Serviceable player’ FFS he’s 5 goals above xG and has created the 2nd most big chances in the league. 23 g/a and he scores so many big, winning goals as well. His delivery and finishing is pretty much unchallenged.

Not a perfect player, technically he can look rough round the edges and he’s always been a bit iffy back to goal, but he’s one of the best forwards in the league easily. None of Woolwich’s forwards are better than him and they’re challenging for a title.

Salah is actually a very similar player - he pisses off Liverpool fans because he’s patchy, loses the ball a lot etc. But he produces fantastic numbers. Salah IS better but there isn’t as much in it as people make out.

Don't think he had a bad game against Spam but his creative juices are clearly off. Shaking off a tough injury and not looking as confident on the ball. I can't remember the last time he meaningfully shot from distance or threaded a high quality through-ball.

Think he deserves another go against Forest but i'd hook him earlier for Gio if we see more of the same.

I mean... we had Kand AND Son and we didn't finish higher than 4th over the last several seasons so...

Takes 11 great players and a solid bench to compete for a title in the prem

Back
Top Bottom