James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he had a bad game yesterday. He at least tried to be involved and was getting the ball all over the pitch and moving it about.
Very nearly ruined it for himself and for the team though. If he'd been sent off it would have been deserved, and he may not have got back in the team after his 3 match ban.
Is there any danger at all of a post match review?

Yes, the same Yates who got away with kicking us to bits in the reverse fixture, including one particularly nasty spell where Sonny was lying on the ground copping it from a few of them.

Fake hardman. Wish he'd actually been bodied.
We actually got an early yellow for us this game and it absolutely helped us push on to the win. Yates not being able to kick the shit out of us kept their midfield far more open than it would have been otherwise

We actually got an early yellow for us this game and it absolutely helped us push on to the win. Yates not being able to kick the shit out of us kept their midfield far more open than it would have been otherwise
Wonder when the last time a player got booked against us that early? Wasn't even 15 minutes on the clock at that point. I very nearly sat up straight from my slumber at that moment.

Maddison is not as good as he was and should have been sent off. Don't be fooled by Keane saying he'd never ask a referee or VAR to send someone off who punched him in the stomach, it's a load of shit from a hypocrite of a pundit. The reason Yates tries to get Maddison off is because he knows if he punches Maddison back he'll be sent off himself.

The refs and VAR have generally speaking been against us recently, but they were for us in that specific game. I'll cut Maddison some slack because he was a lot mentally stronger and played a lot better in the first half of the season.

He's not really creating anything. That's why he's in the side. He's getting on the ball but not really doing anything incisive with it.

is he dropping too deep when we’re in possession? Feels like he’s not operating in the half spaces enough. Usually he’s deeper than Werner and Udogie

is he dropping too deep when we’re in possession? Feels like he’s not operating in the half spaces enough. Usually he’s deeper than Werner and Udogie
He has to drop deep at times. He can’t just stand between the opposition defence and midfield. Teams will just smother the space and he’d go missing. I like it when he comes deeper because it creates space in front of Porro and Udogie for them to move into.

He's not really creating anything. That's why he's in the side. He's getting on the ball but not really doing anything incisive with it.
Yes he is. You can’t just look at it from him playing defence splitting passes. It’s his movement into different areas that creates space for others where our chances come from. Go and watch our goal against West Ham and our first goal yesterday and see what he does. That’s creative. And I’d also say he has a big part in our third goal🤷‍♂️

He has to drop deep at times. He can’t just stand between the opposition defence and midfield. Teams will just smother the space and he’d go missing. I like it when he comes deeper because it creates space in front of Porro and Udogie for them to move into.

Yes I get that. Not saying he should root himself to the ground. But I’d like to see him operate closer to goal and let Werner/Udogie do more of the buildup at times.

Yes I get that. Not saying he should root himself to the ground. But I’d like to see him operate closer to goal and let Werner/Udogie do more of the buildup at times.
He goes into that area to try make it a 3 v 2 so we can get our wide player isolated with their full back or in behind their full back. To be fair to us we get into those positions so much in games especially on our left. A lot of that is down to where madders plays. We score from that position a lot and cause teams more problems on that side.

Back
Top Bottom