James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where was the stamp?
In the hypothetical Son scenario? Use your imagination. Is it a left footed strike or a right footed strike? Is it at the end of a dribble, or a first time shot on a pullback? Is the defender jockeying, making a recovery tackle? I don't know. I tried to imagine a scenario like you proposed. You seem concerned with me bringing a stamp into that situation. I did so, because I do know that Son would never lunge into a shot like Romero did his tackle/clearance, and if somehow he did, and the base of his foot were to collide with the ankle/shin of the opponent in a fashion similar to Romero, there's a good chance he'd recieve a red card.

Two of our best performers out for months. FFS. And nothing of real quality to replace them.

Pisses me off that we've only got a game a week too, whereas those cunts up the road have thus far avoided any real injuries while being in Europe.

In the hypothetical Son scenario? Use your imagination. Is it a left footed strike or a right footed strike? Is it at the end of a dribble, or a first time shot on a pullback? Is the defender jockeying, making a recovery tackle? I don't know. I tried to imagine a scenario like you proposed. You seem concerned with me bringing a stamp into that situation. I did so, because I do know that Son would never lunge into a shot like Romero did his tackle/clearance, and if somehow he did, and the base of his foot were to collide with the ankle/shin of the opponent in a fashion similar to Romero, there's a good chance he'd recieve a red card.

Where was Romero’s stamp?

The one you invented?

steven-toast.gif

Two of our best performers out for months. FFS. And nothing of real quality to replace them.

Pisses me off that we've only got a game a week too, whereas those cunts up the road have thus far avoided any real injuries while being in Europe.
Bentancur needs to step up as a Maddison replacement. 1-3 months out is a bit vague and the international break may come to our assistance for once.
VDV is the real problem with no real quality replacement. Interesting to see who plays there tomorrow.

It was given a red.

Literally most Spurs fans even think it was a red. The officials thought it was a red. The officials who reviewed it post match thought it was a red. By the rules it was a red. Everyone neutral thinks it is a red. Only you and a small amount of our fans who are doing their best scouser impersonation thinks it was not a red.

After hearing this, i'm now convinced that if Madders & VDV both played for the Arse, they'd somehow be in the starting line-up tomorrow!!!

This is proper shit sticks innit?

it's not even a bit; "why aren't we allowed good things?" type of moan... it's PROPER cursed club stuff this!

Literally most Spurs fans even think it was a red. The officials thought it was a red. The officials who reviewed it post match thought it was a red. By the rules it was a red. Everyone neutral thinks it is a red. Only you and a small amount of our fans who are doing their best scouser impersonation thinks it was not a red.

Illusion of consensus

We thought this season was a write off as a transitional one, but the amazing start has made us recalibrate our expectations, so I’m reasonably comfortable with how it pans out.

Glass half full, this could be an opportunity for us to blood and assess some of the academy players before the January window.

In Ange we trust.

Last edited:

They haven’t just played 4 games with zero protection from the officials

Back
Top Bottom