James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We thought this season was a right off as a transitional one, but the amazing start has made us recalibrate our expectations, so I’m reasonably comfortable with how it pans out.

Glass half full, this could be an opportunity for us to blood and assess some of the academy players before the January window.

In Ange we trust.
I think that's an excellent point, (and thank you for making it!)
When Kane left, and 'Ange who? coming in, most outside Spurs (the so-called 'experts') had us down for a relegation scrap...

so yes, to be bemoaning the fact we couldn't extend our lead to 5 POINTS ahead of the chasing pack on Monday, almost seems greedy!

2nd, and at least knowing we'll still be in and around the top 4 going into the November International break is an opportunity I didn't see coming in August...

but having said that, now we ARE where we find ourselves, it just seems extra cruel to have suffered not just the defeat on Monday, but the potentially damaging loss of multiple players for a significant chunk of time...
let's not forget we lose Sarr & Bissouma when January comes round... if VDV & Maddison aren't quite up to speed come Jan, then that's pretty much the spine of our team decimated!
I defy ANY team in the Top 4/5/6 to cope with THAT kinda loss in quality ALL IN ONE GO!

There’s something wrong with me because I’m actually looking forward to how we deal with this whole situation. This will add to the progression of this club and what Ange is building. You learn a lot more from defeat and adversity and these next couple of months will stand us in good stead for the future. It can’t all be sunshine and rainbows and what we will see is an incredible amount of character shown by everyone on the coaching and playing staff. We need to step up and accept things might not be perfect and stay with them even when it goes against us.
Can’t wait for tomorrow as much as I couldn’t wait for every other game this season.

Its a blow but Ange wont let this be an excuse. Whoever plays will have to perform and i think we will be fine.
It's devastating news for a team that was purring so much. But I agree, Ange isn't going to settle for second best. I think we'll be ok - clearly not as strong as we were - but hopefully good enough to keep us in contention for a top 4 finish.

We'd have all taken that this year.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

There’s something wrong with me because I’m actually looking forward to how we deal with this whole situation. This will add to the progression of this club and what Ange is building. You learn a lot more from defeat and adversity and these next couple of months will stand us in good stead for the future. It can’t all be sunshine and rainbows and what we will see is an incredible amount of character shown by everyone on the coaching and playing staff. We need to step up and accept things might not be perfect and stay with them even when it goes against us.
Can’t wait for tomorrow as much as I couldn’t wait for every other game this season.

Yeah, let's see how you feel in 24 hours time

Same.

Also, same as every game at this point of the project, forget the result, all I'm interested in is the team being able to still play our football despite all the setbacks.

It's time for Gio to show that he's not made of glass.

Wolves will stroll straight through him...... Their MF is the best part of their team.

Play Bentancur...... He has quality on the ball, can play on the half-turn and importantly is not a pussy.

......It's not like our make-shift defense won't need the extra protection anyway.

Then if he's struggling; play PEH or Kulu (depending on the scoreline) in there from some point in 2nd half.

Wolves will stroll straight through him...... Their MF is the best part of their team.

Play Bentancur...... He has quality on the ball, can play on the half-turn and importantly is not a pussy.

......It's not like our make-shift defense won't need the extra protection anyway.

Then if he's struggling; play PEH or Kulu (depending on the scoreline) in there from some point in 2nd half.
I want bentancur to start instead of madders to be fair. Just let him go now as he’s been raring to go for weeks.

I want bentancur to start instead of madders to be fair. Just let him go now as he’s been raring to go for weeks.

Ange just said in the PC that we need to be careful with Bentancur.

He's not 90mins ready and especially not with the pressure of replacing what Maddison does in the press for 90mins.

Son and Madders run like madmen in the press. Bentancur can do that for 30mins maybe 45?

Back
Top Bottom