It's Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if they've patched things up..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3012723.stm

Former Tottenham skipper Tim Sherwood has joined the criticism of Glenn Hoddle, reportedly saying the Spurs boss should be sacked if the north London club wants success.
Hoddle came under fire this week over Spurs' decision to release Teddy Sheringham at the end of the season.

And Sherwood, who had four years at White Hart Lane before joining Division One title-winners Portsmouth in January says Hoddle's approach has alienated Spurs players.

"No one at Tottenham would shed a single tear if Glenn Hoddle was sacked tomorrow," Sherwood told The Sun.
"The kids have far more respect for guys like Teddy Sheringham, Gus Poyet and Steffen Freund than they do for Hoddle.

"They all turn to the experienced pros for encouragement and advice because the manager won't accept anyone else's point of view and just leaves them all confused.

"The way Hoddle has treated a senior player like Freund is an absolute disgrace. And the decision to release Teddy is entirely down to him.
"When Hoddle was appointed two years ago, there were people at the club who saw him as the God of White Hart Lane. But it certainly hasn't worked out that way.

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that there is a major problem at the club. And you don't have to be a genius to work out what that problem is."

Hoddle dismissed Sherwood's verbal assault, saying: "I haven't got much to say.

"All I will say on that very, very quickly would be that it's strange that nine months ago he was desperate to stay at this club.

"I was honest enough to let him know that we wouldn't extend his contract.

"As soon as that happened his tune soon changed and has had an axe to grind since then.

"What he probably will not want to let you know is that he was out seven months with a knee injury. He was out from pre-season right through to Christmas.

Hoddle added: "There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself to that level."

Well at least he's got a friend in Freund!!!! :freund:

I'd imagine Sherwood will have to put his opinion of Hoddle on the back-burner, the same as you would hope Hoddle would consign his opinion on the disabled to history as well!

Last edited:
People that are upset about the style of play under AVB won't be happy. The football that Laudrup had played this season with Swansea has been appalling.

I wouldn't say it's been appalling, just not as good as last year. He has definitely tightened Swansea up. They were much more expressive before he took over, that's for sure.

Well at least he's got an ally in Freund!!

I'd imagine Sherwood will have to put his opinion of Hoddle on the back-burner, the same as you would hope Hoddle would consign his opinion on the disabled to history as well!
Hoddle himself is already consigned to history. Kenny Dalglish anyone?

Sky bet is 13/2 I will give 10s. Minimum 100 pound bet.

zMwTqAV.jpg

I'd SERIOUSLY love Keith Burkinshaw back... not necessarily as manager, but as some sort of Ambassadorial/Consultancy role... Think Bill Nic meets David Pleat if you will!!

Here's the thing about Capello, we know that he is going to play minimal and non expansive football. So if we are willing to make the sacrifice of non-exciting football the question becomes do we think he can take us to top four. The answer for me is no. Do you think he would be able to?

Plus, he is now a 67 year old man who is also preparing for a World Cup in a country 1,700 miles from London. Will he really be able for the massive task waiting for him here? Too much on his plate in my opinion.

For me, I think you bring in someone who plays balls to the wall attacking football to at least give us a laugh and maybe a cup run for the rest of the season. Maybe you catch lightning in bottle and it proves to be a guy for the future. If not, the summer will provide way more options for us.

What do you think?

I agree completeley, but that isnt Hoddle for me by any stretch.

Both Laudrup and Pochetinno play attacking and current football, are up to speed with the league and its competition. They would be better shouts.

Its so obvious I cant believe we`ve all missed it. The southampton manager is a nailed on cert to replace AVB. Probably next week after the two teams meat at St Marys. The fact we play them in a few days is the very reason no other stand out candidate has been forthcoming. Levy hopes to seal the deal as soon as the match concludes. The fact he speaks good spanish is seen as crucial in our endeavour to get the best out of our two record signings. He has premier league experience. He has also shown he is not the most loyal when it comes to contract hounouring. Yep, Pinnochios our man. Expect a resignation sunday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom