It's Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's the thing about Capello, we know that he is going to play minimal and non expansive football. So if we are willing to make the sacrifice of non-exciting football the question becomes do we think he can take us to top four. The answer for me is no. Do you think he would be able to?

Plus, he is now a 67 year old man who is also preparing for a World Cup in a country 1,700 miles from London. Will he really be able for the massive task waiting for him here? Too much on his plate in my opinion.

For me, I think you bring in someone who plays balls to the wall attacking football to at least give us a laugh and maybe a cup run for the rest of the season. Maybe you catch lightning in bottle and it proves to be a guy for the future. If not, the summer will provide way more options for us.

What do you think?

I'd rather stick with Sherwood or bring 'Arry back than bring Hoddle back. Hoddle is a shit manager we know this already. I also think the whole "Capellos footy is boring as feck" gets blown way out of proportion. Lastly yes at the very least I think he could get us top 4 but I doubt Russia would allow him to come in even though he really hasn't got much preparing to do as they're already qualified and I'm sure he knows most everyone who he will take.

I'd rather stick with Sherwood or bring 'Arry back than bring Hoddle back. Hoddle is a shit manager we know this already. I also think the whole "Capellos footy is boring as feck" gets blown way out of proportion. Lastly yes at the very least I think he could get us top 4 but I doubt Russia would allow him to come in even though he really hasn't got much preparing to do as they're already qualified and I'm sure he knows most everyone who he will take.

That's fair. Maybe I'm shortchanging him.

I'm pretty certain if we don't shit the bed these next few games it will be Sherwood for the rest of the season.
If you are right! How contradictory would that be! In the sense, that we have acquired and have over 150 million£'s of talent in the attempt to progress to CL level and then put it in the hands of an un-tried and tested member of the backroom staff!!

Your thinking scares me, because I think (with Levy) you may well be right!!

COYS!!

Roman wielding the axe after the quadruple is ruined. We eke out something against West Ham. Mou comes in on the wknd, sees we also have three strikers with about eight goals between them, feels right at home. Etc. Etc.

Remember me kindly when collecting your winnings.

If you are right! How contradictory would that be! In the sense, that we have acquired and have over 150 million£'s of talent in the attempt to progress to CL level and then put it in the hands of an un-tried and tested member of the backroom staff!!

COYS!!

It's pretty clear that Levy rates him. He had the chance to leave and manage Blackburn and didn't. My guess there would be that Levy gave him some assurances that he might get a chance for the big job here.

Also, it speaks to how the club views him that he survived through Redknapp's sacking. I'm behind him if he gets the job. People do speak very highly of him. He may be untried but he is engrained with the club setup and players which gives him an advantage no one else would have.

COYS!!

It's pretty clear that Levy rates him. He had the chance to leave and manage Blackburn and didn't. My guess there would be that Levy gave him some assurances that he might get a chance for the big job here.

Also, it speaks to how the club views him that he survived through Redknapp's sacking. I'm behind him if he gets the job. People do speak very highly of him. He may be untried but he is engrained with the club setup and players which gives him an advantage no one else would have.

Let's be honest, lads - Samuel has it all figured out of where it all went wrong, why players have a certain look on their face, and a clear strategy of how to fix it. A true self-made managerial legend of the modern internet and a classy debater to boot

We can assist with pre-match line-ups via public polls and Zin's player ratings MS Excel sheet.

Can't be worse than half-man/half-owl - I'd say let's give him a crack.

Back
Top Bottom