It's Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I just emailed the mate of mine who told me about Laudrup, to see if he wanted me to put him a couple of quid on when I nip out to the bookies in a minute. He replied saying "yes please, £10". He must be really confident then...

:gallashmm:

I reckon it'll be Hoddle till the end of the season/after the WC... by which time, Capello will free to become DA BOSS!

That's based soley on more hunches than Quasimodo... plus I don't know shit, so could be am probably wrong!

I don't disagree with you that Hoddle doesn't have the CV to deserve the job. I just think I'd rather have Hoddle than the other options. They are all shite. Give me a chance to win a cup with a Tottenham legend rather than dire Capello football or anyone else we've been linked to. There isn't anyone better than AVB out there currently unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat.

So for me, I want Hoddle for now. At least it will be an interesting ride. We'll reassess in the summer if it doesn't work out. In the summer there will be options that don't fill us all with dread. In regards to Hoddle, I'd rather have the devil I know and who is proper spurs. Just think about him potentially lifting a cup. It would be the club's finest moment since Bill Nick.

Give me a name to actually believe in and maybe I'll change my mind. As of now, there are none. So give me the one that has the potential to be most fun, that's Hoddle.

... and that takes us back to the original question - what happened that made us sack AVB, when we so blatantly have no other options than already failed Spurs legend lacking decades of experience, newstarts like Yakin, AVB-clones like De Boer (puritan, confrontative, ideologist), boring football managers like Capello and so forth?

Let us agree to disagree on Hoddle though. If it's between him and Sherwood/Freund I'd rather the latter, for no other good reason than they know the players and have the chairmans confidence for now.

I didn't know they were so close:vert:

That's tight marking....

sod2.jpg

(edit: Imageshack decided to randomly name this 'sod2' - bonus giggle for me!)

Carlito Industries is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, where all the other dodgy bastards are

Back
Top Bottom