It’s Official

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's because Spurs is at the center of several rivalries.

I saw a chart not too long ago which listed what other clubs fans disliked the most, with some survey having been made.

Unsurprisingly, for anyone having lived in England. That made it clear we were on top or close to it on several of those.
West ham, Woolwich, Chelsea, City (haha) and so on.

That of course comes with social media abuse.

Of course we are.

Woolwich
Blue scum
Spammers
Scousers
Man City (often say we’re a close second to United on Blue Moon)
Fucking Leicester (!)

Honourable mentions;
Southampton
Villa
And new to me, Everton.

Bring it on you fucking slags.

:mourear:

I would scrap all this.

It's none of them.

It's Africa. Fucking AFRICA.
Go and read the the comments. 30+ year old men commenting like they're 9 and just learned "banter"

I for one would be happy to see Twitter removed from society. It's everything that is wrong with modern day football.
You're not judged on how many games you attend home and away anymore, you're judged on how many followers you can accumulate.
To be a super fan you have to post 100 gifs a day about your rivals and use the same regurgitated phrases like "warra trophy" or "Shite Hart Lane" .
Nearly every Spurs post is followed by '0 trophies' reply, that just proves how pathetic they are given that we have 17 inc more European trophies than them. You'd be absolutely amazed at how many of them don't know that fact.
Woolwich fans are absolutely pathetic on Twitter and every other SM platform. Their comments are those you'd expect from 12 year old school girls. I love rivalry , especially at the grounds, but their attempt at rivalry is embarrassing.

It's them that send the pathetic abuse to our players and the genuinely believe it makes them a pwoppa fan.

It's because Spurs is at the center of several rivalries.

I saw a chart not too long ago which listed what other clubs fans disliked the most, with some survey having been made.

Unsurprisingly, for anyone having lived in England. That made it clear we were on top or close to it on several of those.
West ham, Woolwich, Chelsea, City (haha) and so on.

That of course comes with social media abuse.
Very true. add to your list - Leicester, Southampton, Brighton & Watford,

Some of these doesn't make the slightest sense!

Well, we'll take it!
Brighton's hatred goes back as far as 77/78 season. On the last game of the season we drew with Southampton which saw us both promoted at Brightons expense. They are convinced it was rigged.

On top of that, the week before this game Yids smashed up the Goldstone ground and surrounding areas. That's never been forgiven either.

Last edited:
Brighton's hatred goes back as far as 77/78 season. On the last game of the season we drew with Southampton which saw us both promoted at Brightons expense. They are convinced it was rigged.
If all each team needed was a draw then it absolute would have been fixed. Even if neither team knew it.

Oh, bit before my time.

You'd think if you put yourself in that position you would only have yourselves to blame.

And when that happens, I’ll be celebrating with spurs fans I know rather than riling up other fans on social media. I’ll come on here and celebrate and discuss it. It will be our glory. No fucking way I’ll be lording it over the “show us your trophies” brigade on line. I’m not letting them have a minute of it.

Yeah yeah right on brother I'm with ya

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I see their hate as the first real accolade of the Conte era. To be followed shortly by some real ones with all these cunts having to double down on the hate.

to all our haters, luv ya lots jelly tots

snapping puppies, the lot of em

The abuse has been around for years. Woolwich, West Ham and Chelsea have large, vocal fan bases, it just happens that they’re our neighbours. Their fan bases find hatred of us a bonding factor which links them in a fucked up way. The internet has acted as a breeding ground for abuse as well. There’s racist-undertones to a lot of it, with the Jewish connections but ultimately I just think it’s hate for the sake of hate.

We’re good. We’ve been good for a while but because we’ve won fuck all and manage to find banana skins to slip on pretty much every season we’re an easy target.

Win the quadruple and they’ll still hate us. As long as it’s kept clean and shit like hissing in the stands is locked away in the past I think we can live with it. Friendly/light-hearted abuse is fine.

Hearing conradicting reports of this survey on TS today......

7 out of the top 10 most abused players between Aug 21 & Jan 22 are Utd....

Top 3:

1. Ronaldo.
2. McGuire.
3. Rashford.

Back
Top Bottom