It’s Official

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and-you-splash-down-into-apool-of-boiling-pee-ariana-grande.gif

Of course we are.

Woolwich
Blue scum
Spammers
Scousers
Man City (often say we’re a close second to United on Blue Moon)
Fucking Leicester (!)

Honourable mentions;
Southampton
Villa
And new to me, Everton.

Bring it on you fucking slags.

:mourear:

Eh? It was mentioned on Sky Sports that Man Utd received the most abuse?
Yeah, I saw that too. Wonder if it's a distinction between individual players (i.e. those Man U guys) and a club as a whole. Doesn't really surprise me all that much when we seem to live rent free in other fanbases' heads and they're all over any Spurs related tweet like vermin with some warra trophy cringe nonsense.

One must also consider where they set the threshold for 'abuse'. An awful lot of people, when convenient, seem to conflate criticism and actual abuse.

Either way, be wary of how these statistics are used. I forsee whining for internet policing that would go overboard, and I'd bet a huge amount of the abuse comes from oversees which is out of our control anyway.

Loving the haters. I view this as us being the best pound for pound and as such this Warrants a trophy.
puffed out chest proud.
Capital Pride Kiss GIF by Identity

Individual insults at players are a different beast, but abuse directed at the team and fans is just something to get used to and it all depends on your perspective.

If you're not proud of your team or how your team's currently doing and you receive taunts about it, then yeah they may hurt. But if you're content with your team and a rival insults it, you're just gonna treat it as a insignificant part of the environment and ignore it or laugh about it. As usual, it all depends on how much you care about what your rivals say on your team and how much you let it sting you.

We're usually the most hated team in Italy and I wouldn't have it any other way; I hope you gather more and more haters as well.

Little old Spurs living rent free in everyone's head

The collective piss boiling when we finally win something will be a joy to behold.

And when that happens, I’ll be celebrating with spurs fans I know rather than riling up other fans on social media. I’ll come on here and celebrate and discuss it. It will be our glory. No fucking way I’ll be lording it over the “show us your trophies” brigade on line. I’m not letting them have a minute of it.

Back
Top Bottom