Is there something wrong with our grass?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I noticed throuhout the game that many of our players were slipping over and literally losing grip yesterday.

IS this something that has been happening recently?

could it be down to the way the stadium constructed?

Or just a maybe a change in the way studs are designed?

Was really strange to watch it happen so often.
I thought the Goodison Park pitch today looked torn up, shame if did not effect the gooners.

I might have mentioned on here that I met Don Estelle and showed him where Woolworths in Bedford was as he was opening a new cafe there in the 80s and had got lost
I had recognised him standing in the street trying to read a map

Lovely guy and appreciated me doing a fair impression of Windsor Davis calling him ‘Lofty’

Apologies if I’m repeating myself!

I reckon that he was a ‘Chesty’ fan!
Mate, small world.

As I read that, thought “My mum met him”.

She was the Manager of the Woolworths Coffee shop!

I noticed throuhout the game that many of our players were slipping over and literally losing grip yesterday.

It's just players taking phat wads of cash for boot deals that aren't fit for purpose IMO.
You never see players in black plain boots slipping arse over tit. It's always the silly sock boots with short blades instead of studs

I might have mentioned on here that I met Don Estelle and showed him where Woolworths in Bedford was as he was opening a new cafe there in the 80s and had got lost
I had recognised him standing in the street trying to read a map

Lovely guy and appreciated me doing a fair impression of Windsor Davis calling him ‘Lofty’

Apologies if I’m repeating myself!

I reckon that he was a ‘Chesty’ fan!
Millican and Nesbitt stopped their car in Blackfriars and asked me how to get to Watford.
Don Estelle..pfffft.. :rolleyes:

Cheers, I wondered why it was happening.
A bonus in the way that our pitch is set up is that it is also easily replaced if there are issues with it. The club grows a spare pitch apparently.

A year or so ago we sold our reserve pitch to Leeds because the Elland Road one took a beating during the winter months.

Millican and Nesbitt stopped their car in Blackfriars and asked me how to get to Watford.
Don Estelle..pfffft.. :rolleyes:

I can’t compete with Millican and Nesbitt

I had to meet the Bachelors off a train once in the early 90s to get them to a performance
Both pissed but still carrying the Cello!!

Great fun!

Mission accomplished!

Definitely.

Let's knock it down and start again.

Back
Top Bottom