Is it time for Hugo Lloris to be removed from the first team?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it time for Hugo Lloris to be removed from the THFC first team

• Yes

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
We should have stuck with Forster but i'm not going to bad mouth Hugo because mostly he's been fantastic for 10 years. Again he has suffered because of a complete lack of succession planning and patience has worn thin, not because of his natural dip in form because of age, but because the numpties in charge have failed to address it over the last 2 or 3 years. Like not moving on Sanchez its just complete negligence.

Hugo is one of the biggest problems this club has had in recent years.

He hasn't been good enough as a goalkeeper for 5 seasons at least and his role as captain is highly questionable.

I am convinced he is an extension of Levy in the dressing room and has a clause that he has to play; probably inserted by Levy.

Have hated the twat since his televised Amazon rant at Son who has made a far greater contribution to Spurs than Lloris ever has.
Are you well?

Evidence from the eyes says Lloris and Forster are both bad in their own ways. For eg. Hugo can make ridiculous clumsy decisions, but at the same time Forster isnt quick and not a very good shot stopper. Its really a case of bad vs bad. A new goalkeeper and CBs should be our biggest priority in the summer.
Forster is not the answer but his average contribution has been better than Hugo's which leads to the further question of how have Spurs not had serious competition for Lloris as number 1 goalkeeper for over a decade?

Lloris being world class and a great servant is a myth.

He has been an unchallenged number one while performing in an underwhelming / limited / incompetent manner for at least 5 seasons.

He is a huge problem and part of the reason we end up retreating so deep into our half. All his kick outs went to son, who he’s expecting to win in the air and hold it up. The complete opposite of Som’ s game. So predictably the ball just comes back at us. It was driving me mad yesterday. It’s just lazy goalkeeping. He should never have been brought back into the team. I felt much more comfortable with Forster there and I wouldn’t be surprised if the players did too.

Forster is not the answer but his average contribution has been better than Hugo's which leads to the further question of how have Spurs not had serious competition for Lloris as number 1 goalkeeper for over a decade?

Lloris being world class and a great servant is a myth.

He has been an unchallenged number one while performing in an underwhelming / limited / incompetent manner for at least 5 seasons.
So? He was quality prior to those five years and arguably world class

He is a huge problem and part of the reason we end up retreating so deep into our half. All his kick outs went to son, who he’s expecting to win in the air and hold it up. The complete opposite of Som’ s game. So predictably the ball just comes back at us. It was driving me mad yesterday. It’s just lazy goalkeeping. He should never have been brought back into the team. I felt much more comfortable with Forster there and I wouldn’t be surprised if the players did too.
he also cant kick the ball far enough to get the team up the pitch, even when he goes long its not long enough.

if he could actually smash a ball properly he wouldnt be half as bad as he is. just get some fucking distance on it. his kicking is as weak as his mentality, he must have the weakest punt in the league

he also cant kick the ball far enough to get the team up the pitch, even when he goes long its not long enough.

if he could actually smash a ball properly he wouldnt be half as bad as he is. just get some fucking distance on it. his kicking is as weak as his mentality, he must have the weakest punt in the league

It's not even his pathetic kicking that gets me, it's his terrible decision making. He is supposed to be the captain, but he has no feel for the moment in a game. He gets the opposition players and fans up with his rank stupidity. I have never liked him as much as most spurs fans, especially since the drink driving (which typifies his stupidity on the pitch). I appreciate that at his best, he was a world class shot stopper. But he really has been part of the problem at our club for awhile now, especially as his decline coincides with the decline in quality of our squad as a whole.

I will be so glad when he is replaced.

It's not even his pathetic kicking that gets me, it's his terrible decision making. He is supposed to be the captain, but he has no feel for the moment in a game. He gets the opposition players and fans up with his rank stupidity. I have never liked him as much as most spurs fans, especially since the drink driving (which typifies his stupidity on the pitch). I appreciate that at his best, he was a world class shot stopper. But he really has been part of the problem at our club for awhile now, especially as his decline coincides with the decline in quality of our squad as a whole.

I will be so glad when he is replaced.
yea 100%. he doesnt have a football brain which is why he looks so fucking clueless back there trying to play out. the thing is, if he could at least smash a ball properly then youd put up with him just whacking it for distance every time and giving someone up the other end something to fight for. because he cant kick a ball properly we have to suffer his poor decisions, that then create anxiety to his own team and get the tails up of the oppo.

how the fuck a man whos 6'2 or whatever he is and is a paid professional athlete, that trains with a football everyday cant kick it properly is absolutely mystifying. hes pathetic. he cant muster up the aggression his kicks need to get suffecient distance, another culprit for the spursy tag, pathetic

its actually scary he plays in the same league as ederson when you actually watch them both with the ball at their feet...

Back
Top Bottom