Is it time for Hugo Lloris to be removed from the first team?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it time for Hugo Lloris to be removed from the THFC first team

• Yes

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

Kosher Kid

Ready to cut you down
I am now fully convinced that Hugo Lloris being continually selected for the Spurs first team is harming the club.

Should supporters sing 'There's only one Fraser Forster' to make this point or should the Spurs leadership act now in light of what has happened to Davinson Sanchez?

Please discuss?

I am now fully convinced that Hugo Lloris being continually selected for the Spurs first team is harming the club.

Should supporters sing 'There's only one Fraser Forster' to make this point or should the Spurs leadership act now in light of what has happened to Davinson Sanchez?

Please discuss?

Frustrated Christine Baranski GIF

Forster should have continued in goal once Hugo was fit, but I imagine as he’s the club captain that he pulls rank.

Hugo does need to be replaced at the end of the season, but he’s not losing his place in the team unless he’s injured

another one of the loser mob. says it all when this wally is the captain, you know its not really serious. forster by far a better keeper. hes braver and can actually kick a ball without causing a serious spike in anxiety that drains his team.

the sooner this idiot is out the better, he shouldnt be in the 11 let alone have the arm band. not sure who should be captain really.

lloris is the most uncomfortable keeper ive seen on the ball, people say de gea is as bad, de gea is bad but hes not as poor as lloris. this shit is important, its damaging to the outfield players morale when they have to constantly worry about the clown in goal being incompetent with his feet

you got to see what the players think of this bloke as captain in the doc. son "respect you?!!!" even his own players think hes a joke

He should've never been reinstated in the starting 11 after his injury. The fucking hierarchy is ruining us. Lloris over Forster, Lucas over Danjuma, Hojbjerg over Bissouma and Sarr etc.

another one of the loser mob. says it all when this wally is the captain, you know its not really serious. forster by far a better keeper. hes braver and can actually kick a ball without causing a serious spike in anxiety that drains his team.

the sooner this idiot is out the better, he shouldnt be in the 11 let alone have the arm band. not sure who should be captain really.

lloris is the most uncomfortable keeper ive seen on the ball, people say de gea is as bad, de gea is bad but hes not as poor as lloris. this shit is important, its damaging to the outfield players morale when they have to constantly worry about the clown in goal being incompetent with his feet

you got to see what the players think of this bloke as captain in the doc. son "respect you?!!!" even his own players think hes a joke
If we had been winning lots of games and been doing great in Lloris's absence then maybe Forster would have continued. But like I said to someone else earlier today...we got knocked out of the League Cup, FA Cup and the CL with Forster in goal and his last 5 matches were 2 losses, 2 draws and 1 win. It was a case of shit replacing shit.

If we had been winning lots of games and been doing great in Lloris's absence then maybe Forster would have continued. But like I said to someone else earlier today...we got knocked out of the League Cup, FA Cup and the CL with Forster in goal and his last 5 matches were 2 losses, 2 draws and 1 win. It was a case of shit replacing shit.
But the evidence of your own eyes?

What does that tell you?

Spurs look absolutely panic stricken passing the ball around the back while Hugo shifts it onto his left foot, plays hospital balls and generally fannys around.

Only Spurs could sell Big Pat at 30, to Woolwich, because he is 'too old' and retain hopeless Hugo at 36.

you think lloris would of saved them games if we had him instead of forster? im not too sure on that. lloris has been a huge liability for this club fr a very long time. gifted the scum 6 points this year with blunders in both games....hes a fucking clown that breaks under any sort of pressure. how on earth someone thinks thats the sort of mentality you reward the armband too i dont know. hes the complete opposite of what youd want a captain to be

you think lloris would of saved them games if we had him instead of forster? im not too sure on that. lloris has been a huge liability for this club fr a very long time. gifted the scum 6 points this year with blunders in both games....hes a fucking clown that breaks under any sort of pressure. how on earth someone thinks thats the sort of mentality you reward the armband too i dont know. hes the complete opposite of what youd want a captain to be
Hugo is one of the biggest problems this club has had in recent years.

He hasn't been good enough as a goalkeeper for 5 seasons at least and his role as captain is highly questionable.

I am convinced he is an extension of Levy in the dressing room and has a clause that he has to play; probably inserted by Levy.

Have hated the twat since his televised Amazon rant at Son who has made a far greater contribution to Spurs than Lloris ever has.

Forster is being severely overrated by our fans due to how bad Lloris has been over the last few seasons, but he’s still probably not as good as Lloris overall. (Which really is saying a lot)

However, Lloris should have been replaced 2 seasons ago, and proper succession planning should have been taking place long before that.

And before anyone says there was no one available or any brown like that, I recall us a few seasons ago linked with Onana by respectable journalists as a successor to Lloris when he was at Ajax. But as usual “monitoring, exploring, considering FC” did nothing, just sat on our hands and plodded along with Lloris rather than biting the bullet and accepting we needed to replace him.

Negligence, there’s really no other word.

Hugo is one of the biggest problems this club has had in recent years.

He hasn't been good enough as a goalkeeper for 5 seasons at least and his role as captain is highly questionable.

I am convinced he is an extension of Levy in the dressing room and has a clause that he has to play; probably inserted by Levy.

Have hated the twat since his televised Amazon rant at Son who has made a far greater contribution to Spurs than Lloris ever has.
you only have to look at that silly little hopeless face he has after a blunder. its complete despair, he knows hes a liability.

the games moved on, the playing out from the back hasnt helped him and he looks like a basketball player trying to kick a football back there. its football suicide having him in goal in the modern game, bloke cant kick a ball and creates problems for his own team. madness

Forster is being severely overrated by our fans due to how bad Lloris has been over the last few seasons, but he’s still probably not as good as Lloris overall. (Which really is saying a lot)
in terms of actual shot stopping theres probably not a great deal in it. but due to lloris being so hopeless at passing the ball, i think forster is a safer option. in his games we didnt have him producing moments of anxiety. his kicking was ok and good enough not to cause panic. that panic is draining

Last edited:
But the evidence of your own eyes?

What does that tell you?

Spurs look absolutely panic stricken passing the ball around the back while Hugo shifts it onto his left foot, plays hospital balls and generally fannys around.

Only Spurs could sell Big Pat at 30, to Woolwich, because he is 'too old' and retain hopeless Hugo at 36.
Evidence from the eyes says Lloris and Forster are both bad in their own ways. For eg. Hugo can make ridiculous clumsy decisions, but at the same time Forster isnt quick and not a very good shot stopper. Its really a case of bad vs bad. A new goalkeeper and CBs should be our biggest priority in the summer.

Please discuss?

Good point mate, first time you've ever brought this up on here as well

Forster hasn’t been bad at all since the Lloris injury, other than maybe the Leicester game! And he has much better footwork than Lloris, that’s a fact. This alone improves our defence

The question is moot.
Hugo won’t be starting next season.
Nor will Foster

Who plays in the final meaningless games this year doesn’t matter. I’d rather it be Hugo just to send him off — if we can manage to get there without booing him for an almost inevitable mistake.

Back
Top Bottom