In your lifetime-Will Tottenham win the EPL...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think so, then again I never thought in a 100 lifetimes we would be in a champions league final that we should have won. Even now I have trouble believing that it was real, I've almost wiped it from my memory because of the result.

It is a slightly disturbing question for us of a slightly older vintage but if I live to an average age, let’s say eighty, that gives me 24 more goes.So my answer is NO, I just can’t see it happening.1985 was the biggest opportunity in my lifetime and even that year ,like the Leicester year, we managed to finish third in a two horse race.
That said I don’t overly care,I would still love and support this Club if we were mid table in the Conference.

No.
We had the best opportunity to win the title 5 seasons or so ago and we blew it blaming players and manager,
Since then new stadium cost and excuses, lack of investment in the team, buying cheap and cheerful players then selling them resulting in a poor squad to compete for top trophies.
With dic levy not leaving any time soon makes winning the tittle not possible.

There is a logic behind some of the clubs timing. We could have spent 200-300m on players 2 years ago and we would not have beaten City or Liverpool over the previous 2 seasons.

We spent big in the last 2 windows and got in a new coach. We can see City decline as some of their players age and Liverpool may enter a period of transition after this season if indeed Mane and Salah are sold as rumoured. United are carrying too much dead wood and Roman seems to have lost the desire to open his checkbook at Chelsea.

So, next season could indeed prove a good chance for us to have a crack at the league title.

We're very close to winning it, and all without throwing vast sums of money around and buying established superstars.

This year will be a blip I fear with the Wembley factor. If we can keep the squad together and Levy has a serious stab at addressing our 'creative' shortcomings in attack then we'll have a pretty good chance in our new stadium.
Creative shortcomings in attack??

You do réalisé we had the highest goal diffèrerence last season?

We have the manager that is desperate to win us the league. My biggest doubt is whether the hierarchy is willing to match his ambitions.

Wembley curse or not, if the club 100% backs the manager, sky is the limit.

I am going to go with yes.

I do plan on being cryogenically frozen though, so technically that could be 1000s of years
:levyeyes:

Seriously though, we are very close, if we can continue this path we will do it I think. Its going to be fun watching us try whatever happens.

No .
We have a manager that is capable but owners that will always restrict , new stadium or not . City and Chavs with their corrupt endless cash spirall will pick up 80% silverware . If we could pay 200,000 a week they will pay £400,000..
Sadly we will remain the "Nearly Men "
I am happy with an occasional trophy but even that has diminished with the corrupt twos greed for success.
Maybe a few decades of bought achchiement and eventual disinterest by the buying public may change the status quo.

Well I am old enough (just) to remember actually winning the top division in 61 and there have been some years since then when we were in with a shout. However some years ago I came to conclusion that I would not see us win the league again or England win the World Cup again. Whilst we have done well these last 2 years, I have still kept to the same opinion but there is a glimmer of hope now whilst 10 years ago there was no hope.

As long as Levy/ENIC are here, I don't see it happening. They have done a lot of good for the club, but pushing us to the next level takes a risk, requiring investment in world class game changing players and unfortunately I don't see it happening.

The season to win the league wasn't last year or the year before, even though we came close and had a freak Leicester winning to stop us, the season that got away was Redknapp's last season. And that signifies how ENIC have handled the transfer business at Spurs. We were flying in the league and were the best team till the beginning of January. If we had signed some decent players, we would have had a proper shot, but got Nelsen and Saha on a free. And I can't see us holding on to our current crop of players for much long, but at least we are having fun for now and should continue to do so for a while.

Absolutely. The only reason Spurs haven't won the league already is the stadium, which prevented Levy/Poch from buying high-quality backups. In the short term, this is a problem, but in the long run it's good for the club and puts it in a better position to win going forward. Especially with the possibility of the TV revenue bubble bursting, which would make stadium capacity the most important thing again.

Then how on earth did Leicester win the league in a smaller stadium!?

I am probably pathologically optimistic, and I like it:

By 2030 we will not just win the EPL more than once, but also the Champions League

However, I am not expecting any major trophy before 2020, I wasn;t before the beginning of this season and I will not by the end, and I am pretty relaxed about that (as much as I hate seeing how we are not winning win games at home at the moment) . Then if we win it before , even better, but we need a lot of luck for that. I just feel that we are a bit ahead of the schedule in terms of what we did on the pitch so, understandably, many fans are expecting big trophies even now
Well you were nearly right with years to spare.....

Back
Top Bottom