In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has a decent career tbh. But it is unlikely since he only joined Bilbao in December-January.

The one manager that got sacked for winning a trophy.
Sarri sacked by Juventus after winning Serie A. And left Chelsea after winning Europa and finishing 3rd in the league, but as much an acrimonious split as it was a sacking.

When you look at recent achievement Sarri is probably the best we could go for, though he seems prickly. I'm not sure our squad can handle prickly.

Sarri sacked by Juventus after winning Serie A. And left Chelsea after winning Europa and finishing 3rd in the league, but as much an acrimonious split as it was a sacking.

When you look at recent achievement Sarri is probably the best we could go for, though he seems prickly. I'm not sure our squad can handle prickly.
Was thinking Sarto, too - but he wound up Chelsea players no end - imagine Tanguy would be exiled and so on...he also liked playing players out of position - Kanye seemed back to his old self in the s/f, rather than playing as some awful AM hybrid-thingy.

Sarri still got sacked by Juve for underachieving. They wanted the CL.

Marcelino legit got canned because Lim told him to tank in the Copa and focus on getting CL football instead. Marcelino felt that he could pull both off and did. And thus got fired and the team he put together is now being dismantled for peanuts.

The fans at Valencia and Villareal love him. He took Villareal up from the segunda and brought them 3 straight top 6 finishes and a semi final in the EL. Then he went to Valencia and made them competitive and playing in Europe again despite Peter Lim meddling with the team. And he won them their first trophy since the Benitez years I believe. And then he won the super cup with Bilbao just after joining.

He's also the only manager that I know of that got sacked for doing too well.

He is an interesting name and all of his players seem to love him. But his style is a rigid 4-4-2 with focus on defence and attacking in transition which I think the fanbase would struggle with.

He has a contract with Bilbao through next season.
Indeed, a ridgid 442 is not right for us.

Our best players indicate we need to play a 433 - we need a manager who makes use of our best players and a 422 is not a formation that is right for us. We need a manager who is going to get the best out of the players we have.

I think, based on what we have learned of Levy, that his list is probably:
Nagelsmann
Rodgers
Southgate
Ten Haag
Gerrard

If it were my choice, I think my list would be:
Nagelsmann
Galtier
Potter
Rodgers
Ten Haag
Garcia

Indeed, a ridgid 442 is not right for us.

Our best players indicate we need to play a 433 - we need a manager who makes use of our best players and a 422 is not a formation that is right for us. We need a manager who is going to get the best out of the players we have.
TBF. In attack it is more a 2-4-2-2 based on his Valencia spell. So it is not super rigid. But in defence he definitely favours the 4-4-2 setup.

Hasenhüttl is still a possibility?

My god, Saints have 7points in the last 15 games

Screenshot_20210421-202746_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3f5147138cf2a73395d3e23aa682e42d.jpg

I think, based on what we have learned of Levy, that his list is probably:
Nagelsmann
Rodgers
Southgate
Ten Haag
Gerrard

If it were my choice, I think my list would be:
Nagelsmann
Galtier
Potter
Rodgers
Ten Haag
Garcia
Ten Hag hasn’t been mentioned by any source as far as I can tell and his odds are still incredibly long at something like 33/1.

I can’t understand it. If we fail to get Nagelsmann, ten Hag should be our absolute first choice. It’s madness that he hasn’t been linked at all.

I think the concern may be that he looks good playing beautiful football with a team much bigger than the rest of the league, but that may not translate to a league with 7-8 CL-level clubs in it.

Back
Top Bottom