In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we can all accept defensive/counter attack football with results but it's being able to sustain it every week... and it's something we can't.

I would say Ten Haag would be my choice. Think we would have a better chance of getting him from Ajax than we would say Nagelsmann from Leipzig who is more than likely eventually destined for Bayern/Dortmund/Madrid in the future.
I could see Eddie Howe being of interest for the board. I think that they could see him as a project manager.

Another shout when it comes to an attacking manager is Bosz at Leverkusen.

Think if we wanted Allegri he'd already be here by now to try and salvage top 4. When Woolwich were sniffing around i think he made quite a few demands and one was total control of transfers in and out and whilst not unreasonable thats never going to happen here. I'm not sure he'd be a good fit for us. My choices Nagelsmann, Rodgers, Ten Haag and as a total outlier Scott Parker, probably too early for him but think he has something and knows the club inside out but very much last choice out of those 4.

I think the board are in a difficult position in terms of making a decision. When making a decision to sack Pochettino the next appointment had to be a big name manager. Whether we agree or disagree with the Jose appointment, it was no point hiring a bang average manager as we would have been back to square one.

Now it's even more challenging, because Jose is a massive name, I don't think it's working out as they expected currently and the predicament now is sacking a World Class manager and bringing in another top name manager (trouble is getting one that would be available) OR go back to pre Poch and appoint i.e Eddie Howe, Graeme Potter etc that maybe wouldn't go down with being an 'ambitious' appointment. It really is a bonkers position we have got ourselves into.

Whilst man management and player relationships are important I don't agree with it being more important than tactics.

If that is Nagelsmann's approach then I do not want him at Spurs. As hot a name as he is.

was Harry Redknapp’s approach and he wasn’t so bad a manager was he ? Won trophies at Portsmouth and turned them into a fabulous team. Obviously had an excellent stint at Spurs putting us into the CL. It can certainly work with the right manager.

Whilst man management and player relationships are important I don't agree with it being more important than tactics.

If that is Nagelsmann's approach then I do not want him at Spurs. As hot a name as he is.
He's one of the most tactically astute managers out there, capable of changing his approach to suit the oppo, just as he did against us!

An interview such as this is a chance for the individual to sell his brand, tactics are there to been seen and analysed, they are a clear historic record of proof of what happened. So he'll want to perhaps push the other elements of his management that are more unique and innovative.

But I'd say that they play a huge part in how the game is played, how else do you take a squad of players that are nowhere near as good as the top teams and beat them? It is this ability for a manger to elevate his team through effective leadership, getting the team to play better than the sum of their parts, for me it's just about the most appealing thing any manager can possess and demonstrates their ability as top managers (I'm obviously not talking about one-off games here).

He's one of the most tactically astute managers out there, capable of changing his approach to suit the oppo, just as he did against us!

An interview such as this is a chance for the individual to sell his brand, tactics are there to been seen and analysed, they are a clear historic record of proof of what happened. So he'll want to perhaps push the other elements of his management that are more unique and innovative.

But I'd say that they play a huge part in how the game is played, how else do you take a squad of players that are nowhere near as good as the top teams and beat them? It is this ability for a manger to elevate his team through effective leadership, getting the team to play better than the sum of their parts, for me it's just about the most appealing thing any manager can possess and demonstrates their ability as top managers (I'm obviously not talking about one-off games here).
I get all of that. On a surface level I agree with your post.

But there is something about Nagelsmann that rubs me the wrong way. I cannot really explain it. He has his teams playing fun football and is a young up and comer. He should tick all the right boxes. But whenever I see him and hear him speak to the press and such I always come out of it with the words "what a cunt" in my head.

If he ended up at Spurs somehow I would of course have to go along with it. But there's something about him that makes me dislike him that I cannot really put my finger on.

But there is something about Nagelsmann that rubs me the wrong way. I cannot really explain it. He has his teams playing fun football and is a young up and comer. He should tick all the right boxes. But whenever I see him and hear him speak to the press and such I always come out of it with the words "what a cunt" in my head.

If he ended up at Spurs somehow I would of course have to go along with it. But there's something about him that makes me dislike him that I cannot really put my finger on.

Pep is a cunt a total and complete cunt, Kloop is a total cunt, Fergie is an old cunt. Most top managers that do well are cunts.

If he makes us play football like RB Leipzig or Hoffenheim I couldn’t give a shit, it will be glorious to watch.

My guess is it's probably that you have a deep-rooted dislike of his dress sense.............

r733480_864x1296_2-3.jpg

The more it goes on, the more I can only see one name come into the equation

- Used to doing rebuilds
- Used to getting players bought for him and fitting them into a team
-Used to bringing through youth

Ten Haag would be Daniel's ideal manager, if he ever getting tired of staring lovingly into Jose's eyes

The single biggest indictment of Mourinho for me is that we do nothing well enough and that our whole is less than the individual parts.

Not good enough by any stretch.
50/50 split right down the middle for me
He’ll get us the Carabou, but but seems to mix good decisions with absurd ones.

Players take half the blame and the manager the rest, but you can’t sell 14 players, so it’s Jose’s head on the block

Whoever comes in next won’t do a thing with this squad, that’s something I can hold my hands to regarding Poch.

He made his mistakes though just like Jose is, and done it with players in peak form.
Jose hasn’t had that, bar Kane, Ndombele and Son all at once for about 12wks

My guess is it's probably that you have a deep-rooted dislike of his dress sense.............

r733480_864x1296_2-3.jpg
Depends on which look he is sporting to be honest.

But yeah. There's something about him that makes me react similarly to when a dog sees a cat and I cannot really put my finger on it.

I'd rather go for Ten Haag, Bosz or Allegri if it was up to me to decide. Even if I can see the appeal for Nagelsmann.

Naglesmann is definitely the one

And in fact that would be a massive coup. He's probably the most sought after young manager

I think perhaps if we see an opportunity for Naglesmann we should just take it - he's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom