In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there a reason Allegri has fallen if a cliff in people's estimation. If I have a short list its Naggelsmann Allegri Rodgers Gallardo I'm less perturbed by the hiding Hassenhuttle took than by the crying, that made me queasy.
I think mainly it is that he doesn't play the style of football people want.

Allegri is a more modern day version of Jose. Bases his game controlling the game through a strong defence rather than all out attack.

Personally I have no problem with that. But I could see other fans feel that he doesn't gel with the "identity" of Tottenham for lack of a better word.

Allegri is easily the biggest free agent available, and I would not be angry if he ended up taking over one day.

You idiot, then why did we bring him in on 15m a year and have a massive transfer window. You thought we brought him in to win the LC, get out of here.
I'm not so sure the transfer window was as massive as some people like to pretend tbh mate.

https://talksport.com/football/7694...-summer-window-chelsea-everton-Woolwich-news/

Not really

I'm not so sure the transfer window was as massive as some people like to pretend tbh mate.

The money each Premier League club spent and received during transfer window

Not really

It’s by far the best we have ever had. Bale, PEH, Regulion, Doherty, Vinnie, Rodon was a great window by our standards.

Point is this squad is better than the one Poch had or at least has more depth. Bringing in a manager who has a track record in the past as well, we where not aiming for a LC. With Liverpool having an injury crisis this season it was a great time for a proper go. Alas Mourinho has been toilet with the squad, it’s embarrassing how he is using the players.

On paper we are far better than Leicester or West Ham and they are ahead of us.

You idiot, then why did we bring him in on 15m a year and have a massive transfer window. You thought we brought him in to win the LC, get out of here.
So we could have cool avatars
Jose.Mourinho1.jpg

So we could have cool avatars
Jose.Mourinho1.jpg

for all Mourinho brings

- shit football
- throwing players under the bus
- excuses
- lots of money spent including on his own wages

There is the flip side which is trophies but it looks like he has lost it. And if he can’t get at least top 4 then why are we putting up with this crap.

It’s by far the best we have ever had. Bale, PEH, Regulion, Doherty, Vinnie, Rodon was a great window by our standards.

Point is this squad is better than the one Poch had or at least has more depth. Bringing in a manager who has a track record in the past as well we where not aiming for a LC. With Liverpool having an injury crisis this season was a great time for a proper go. Alas Mourinho has been toilet with the squad, it’s embarrassing how he is using the players.
I agree more was spent than the meagre scraps Poch was forced to work with. Just don't think it was the 10/10 window some were lauding it as.

Doherty is hardly ripping it up, cheapish punt. Rodon has only just started to bother the first team. Regullion looks tidy but has a buy back clause. PEH, yeah, he's done well. And the loanees have barely had a kick in the PL.

I think I gave it 6/10 at the time. I'd stand by that now.

for all Mourinho brings

- shit football
- throwing players under the bus
- excuses
- lots of money spent including on his own wages

There is the flip side which is trophies but it looks like he has lost it. And if he can’t get at least top 4 then why are we putting up with this crap.

I think he also brings appreciation for other managers.

For example, at the start of the season I had zero desire for Graham Potter. Now, in large part due to changes I have seen in his management, I would be very excited if we got him. A lot of that is due to watching Jose and his football.

I imagine there are a lot of fans of others bitching about their managers right now that would shut right up if told he could be replaced with Jose. All of a sudden those complaints about Arteta, Big Sam, Ole don't seem so relevant when the threat of Jose is thrust on you!

It’s got to be Rodgers for reasons already detailed. He has plenty of experience now, good age, plays attractive football, defensively well organised, will give youngsters a chance and doesn’t need to be a cheque book manager. He certainly wouldn’t be worse than what we have at the moment.

It’s got to be Rodgers for reasons already detailed. He has plenty of experience now, good age, plays attractive football, defensively well organised, will give youngsters a chance and doesn’t need to be a cheque book manager. He certainly wouldn’t be worse than what we have at the moment.
If he hasnt got the power of a chequebook at Spurs then there is no point him leaving Leicester. He may as well stay there. Right now the only advantages we have over Leicester are a bigger stadium and Harry Kane. They have a better, well balanced, younger squad, brand new fantastic training centre, owners prepared to spend big. :levywtf:

L
Yep Brought him in to win the title after 1 season in charge lol 😆your the idiot, took klopp 5 years yet jose can pull a title out of his ass after 12 months lol so deluded

you seriously think we got Mourinho for 5 year building? And you call me deluded, ask the rest of the forum as well, doubt you will have many taking your side thinking it’s a 5 year build process.

Anyway why are you on a Spurs forum, do you go from forum the forum to forum following Jose around.

L

you seriously think we got Mourinho for 5 year building? And you call me deluded, ask the rest of the forum as well, doubt you will have many taking your side thinking it’s a 5 year build process.

Anyway why are you on a Spurs forum, do you go from forum the forum to forum following Jose around.
Yes its a long term deal, Mourinho said so in his press conference, you cant win things from not spending money can you.

He clearly has to go but the real question is how much damage will he do before we can get rid of him, financial, to the players, to the club's reputation, to Levy and the board...It was always a risky appointment as he appeared like "yesterday's man" and I don't think we have seen any real evidence to prove that isn't the case.

I'd have Harry back. The best I've seen Spurs play was under him and Poch, but he had far inferior players.

Back
Top Bottom