In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d still go for Rodgers I reckon he’d love to come to spurs. He would know about our tradition of pass and move football, playing attractive football and skilful players and build a team with that philosophy with a modern edge of both pressing when needed and counter attack when required.
But he’s a massive cunt

But he went down to ten men early. Not sure of his excuse when Leicester did the same though
Went down to ten men early isn't an excuse to concede 9 goals mate. A sensible coach would shut the door up to avoid this embarrassing results , keep the score as Low as possible and who knows what will happen ,we all can see Hassenhuttl has no idea how to organize proper defense

I still think Hassenhuttl is a decent manager and might have been a proper choice if we were to replace Sherwood at the end of 13/14 season, but now I think we’re more attractive than we were back then. Nagelsmann remains the top target imo. If not, Marco Rose.

Went down to ten men early isn't an excuse to concede 9 goals mate. A sensible coach would shut the door up to avoid this embarrassing results , keep the score as Low as possible and who knows what will happen ,we all can see Hassenhuttl has no idea how to organize proper defence

He’ll fit like a glove!

3 years ago people spoke about us in the exact same way and we complained on here and said why would Poch step sideways to United.

Leciester have won the league. why can't they do it again. I'm quite tired of the narrative that certain clubs belong at the top and others don't. Bizzare coming from us, Tottenham fans .
This is the same Poch that left a Southampton side packed full of great youngsters for us and the same Rodgers that left an excellent Swansea team for a then shambolic Liverpool. I appreciate Leicester are above the level of those 2 and they are brilliantlly run but given a lot better wages and the right promises on players i still think he'd come. No narrative, just a fact of life that money and ambition talks.

Last edited:
I've pulled it up a few times.

He seems to have drilled a set plan into Southampton that, when on song, works like an absolute treat. It's seen him get wins against Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Woolwich and us since he's come to the country.

But if something happens to upset that said plan, either a red card, conceding a goal when dominating, it all seems to go a bit wrong for them.

I remember them being 2-0 up at home to Man Utd, comfortable and dominating. Suddenly, they conceded a goal and it's like they then didn't seem to know how to react. The game then ended 2-3 to Man Utd.

Another one from the top of my head was 0-4 up away at Aston Villa, they conceded a goal and even at 1-4, they started to panic abit, play less of their own game and the game actually ended up 3-4. Add on a few more minutes and Villa could have definitely equalised.
That’s because he can’t organise a defence

Something the silly folk must consider:

You are on a budget and need to strengthen.

You can go for guaranteed successful buys or potentially successful buys or punts.

The guaranteed successful buys cost too much.

You need more players. Something is better than nothing at all.

What do you do?

You buy potentially successful buys or punts!

Many worked out. Some worked out exceptionally well.

Stop this lame argument that makes chequebook managers with bottomless pits of cash look like genius scouts who make shrewd purchases.

Poch earned the right to rebuild and he got shafted instead.
Too true. The pretend that poch had his heart set on sissoko & pursued him all all summer & finally got him right at the end of deadline day. Rather than he wasn't backed for better players he actually would really want so thought sissoko is better than nothing especially as we are already short. & as you say, he would have been priced out of players he really rated so we had to take less likely successful punts.

Something the silly folk must consider:

You are on a budget and need to strengthen.

You can go for guaranteed successful buys or potentially successful buys or punts.

The guaranteed successful buys cost too much.

You need more players. Something is better than nothing at all.

What do you do?

You buy potentially successful buys or punts!

Many worked out. Some worked out exceptionally well.

Stop this lame argument that makes chequebook managers with bottomless pits of cash look like genius scouts who make shrewd purchases.

Poch earned the right to rebuild and he got shafted instead.
sammyspurs sammyspurs when you blame Poch for not rotating enough

No manager should still be at a club after being beaten 9 nil twice. Whatever the circumstances
Completely disagree. He's a very good coach though clearly one with flaws, team plays nice football and gives them a good chance at a top 10 finish. For Southampton's spending you can't ask for much more. (Except to maybe not get beaten 9-0). It really is a mad thing to have happened though, I'm going to watch the Leicester 9-0 tonight out of interest.

Liverpool spend several times what Southampton do in the transfer market, should Klopp be removed for multiple 5 goal losses during his tenure?

Why is he a cunt? To me he seems quite sympathetic. His football is entertaining, and he delivers results. Rodgers would be great, imo.

I don't know it cunt is the word I would use but if you saw the Being Liverpool doc Brenton comes off as an absolute tool and moron in that. And I get the same impression from most of his interviews as well.

I would hate having him as our manager.

Not quite as bad as Jose because at least the football would be better before we melted at the end of the year, but it would be pretty disappointing to go from Jose only to be replaced by crap like Brenton.

Went down to ten men early isn't an excuse to concede 9 goals mate. A sensible coach would shut the door up to avoid this embarrassing results , keep the score as Low as possible and who knows what will happen ,we all can see Hassenhuttl has no idea how to organize proper defense

At this point I'll take a guy who has no idea how to organize a proper defense over the bum we have now who has no idea how to organize a proper attack.

Back
Top Bottom