If you could bring any former player into the squad, who would it be?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it's purely on what we need right now, cover, complimentary, in case of injury...
Clive Allen all day long. Put him in our squad, league won.

Since we need a striker Bobby Smith or Chivers.

Perhaps even Klinsmann.

Then Bale, because he is hardworking yet still a complete shithousery of a complete attacking player.

Spurs have got such a glut of past great midfielders, Hoddle, Modric even Blanchflower, but right now it'd be one of them classic, brutal strikers.

in chronological order; Mackay, Greaves, Hoddle, Gazza, (fit) King, Modric and Bale... just to bolster the squad of course... wouldn't want to disrupt the youthful harmony atm!!!
Pretty much bang on - those players at their physical peak and youthful best would all walk into the side
although not technically the best player we've had - but for inspiration alone - Graham Roberts at his best would be a driving force to be reckoned with.

But I'd take Dave Mackay first and foremost

Since we need a striker Bobby Smith or Chivers.

Perhaps even Klinsmann.

Then Bale, because he is hardworking yet still a complete shithousery of a complete attacking player.

Spurs have got such a glut of past great midfielders, Hoddle, Modric even Blanchflower, but right now it'd be one of them classic, brutal strikers.
God no
Smith would be forever banned and Chivers would not work in modern football, he was gifted and essentially lazy - by modern standards.
Greaves beats all of the forwards, including Klinsmann, Lineker and Sheringham

I think that bringing anyone in to our squad right now would be unfair on a group of players who are making Tottenham Hotspur feel like a proper club again - and one with a real identity. However, for a bit of fun - and selecting only players from my time watching Spurs - I would have to choose Gascoigne. The guy had everything in his game: passing, movement, tackling, aggression, skill, finishing, free kicks, headers, and above all he had fun on the pitch, with his teammates and with supporters too. A real genius who we haven't seen the likes of since. If you combined Modric, VDV and Bale then you come close to having what Gazza offered. The only other option for me would be Sheringham, to see whether him and Kane could recreate the type of partnership and understanding that Teddy had with Shearer. That could be immense. But seriously, who would you drop? Gazza for Eriksen maybe?

I think that bringing anyone in to our squad right now would be unfair on a group of players who are making Tottenham Hotspur feel like a proper club again - and one with a real identity. However, for a bit of fun - and selecting only players from my time watching Spurs - I would have to choose Gascoigne. The guy had everything in his game: passing, movement, tackling, aggression, skill, finishing, free kicks, headers, and above all he had fun on the pitch, with his teammates and with supporters too. A real genius who we haven't seen the likes of since. If you combined Modric, VDV and Bale then you come close to having what Gazza offered. The only other option for me would be Sheringham, to see whether him and Kane could recreate the type of partnership and understanding that Teddy had with Shearer. That could be immense. But seriously, who would you drop? Gazza for Eriksen maybe?

Sad to say, he won't last until May.

I'd take Ledley King back any day of the week. Without his injuries I doubt many would argue that he would have been one of the best CB's in the world. A top, top player and an incredible attitude and commitment to the club.

There are players out there that get their head turned and move onto other clubs. Ledley spend his entire career at the lane. I'd much rather take someone like that over a player who isn't 100% committed to the club.

If we had Ledley King and Alderweireld in defence, I don't think we'd conceded another goal ever again! :ledley:

:pocheyes:

We could do with a bit of a nasty bastard so Graham Roberts fits the bill perfectly (no offence Robbo) - could also play a bit and score some crucial goals ! Would love to see him pile into Giroud and the other scum softies but suspect his style of play wouldn't be tolerated these days - shame! Think Dave Mackay would have been even better but unfortunately never saw him play.

If it's only to supplement the players we have now, then it has to be a striker. Greaves was the best striker the English game has ever seen, so would have to be him. And yes, I did see him play live. However, although I'm not the biggest Sheringham fan (due to him buggering off to Man Ure), he might be the perfect partner for Harry. Don't know if he could be the lone striker if Harry wasn't available, butt Greavsie could.

So many potential players to pick here. Berbatov was the most beautiful player to watch, Modric was the best footballer, no one was more fun to watch then Van Der Vaart and no one was more special then Ledley King.

However, there really is only one player who you'd bring back into this team. No one could swing a match like he. A constant threat and a joy to watch. He was born to play for Spurs and I still harbour hope he will return one day. Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Gareth Bale.

I"d take Bale back. It's like your ex who left you for some other cunt but you weren't surprised cause she was out of your league but after a messy spell you've got your shit together, worked out down the gym and bump into her down the pub and now you're in the same league. A good fit. Well, almost. I think this season will elevate us as a club and we'll see what happens in a couple years.

Would have to be Mackay. For his skill, attitude and effect he would have on the whole team. He was a winner, we could do with one of those.
We have an apprentice Mackay; Dier
Also Allan Gilzean, fantastic player what he couldn't do with his head isn't worth talking about!

Back
Top Bottom