If you could bring any former player into the squad, who would it be?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who'd you bring in to the current side? King? Bale? Hoddle? I'd probably go with Greaves myself, considering we're really lacking in the striking department

Difficult one as a lot of our former greats have been individually brilliant players that wouldn't necessarily be prepared to put in the teamwork required to fit in to the current tactics.

I guess a really top level striker would be worthwhile though, so Greaves, Lineker or Klinsmann.

Teddy Sheringham. Him and Kane....

19aj4.gif

No question offensively and his ability to score from virtually nothing, but would Bale work hard enough defensively?

He seems to stand around a lot waiting for the ball at Real.

Good point in regard to his defensive failings but his attacking prowess would out weigh that for
me.. I think Poch would knock him into shape and let him now what was needed in this team..

So many potential players to pick here. Berbatov was the most beautiful player to watch, Modric was the best footballer, no one was more fun to watch then Van Der Vaart and no one was more special then Ledley King.

However, there really is only one player who you'd bring back into this team. No one could swing a match like he. A constant threat and a joy to watch. He was born to play for Spurs and I still harbour hope he will return one day. Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Gareth Bale.

No question offensively and his ability to score from virtually nothing, but would Bale work hard enough defensively?

He seems to stand around a lot waiting for the ball at Real.
Maybe at Real. He worked hard at Spurs. Bale for me, best player I have seen in a Spurs shirt. If we had him on his form in his season at Spurs, we'd have a good chance of winning the league right now.

Back
Top Bottom