If Tottenham were to be relegated

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember the season when we nearly went down, when O'Neill was in charge, and avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth by beating Leeds in our last game. That night was as good as winning a cup final. When we went down a couple of years later, I was gutted and don't want to ever experience that again. It would be even worse now, as the media coverage would be relentless and all the 'big' players would be off quicker than a tart's knickers.
No team is ever too big to go down, so we shouldn't be complacent and think it will never happen.
It wouldn't be the worst thing if we bounced straight back again, but it would be a horrible close season to live through. And it goes without saying, I would still support the team, even if we got relegated to whatever they call the Fourth Division these days!

If THFC were to get religated …….We would go down? …

ffs (I've just discovered what this means) …..has everyone on here been listening to Cold Play on top of getting thrashed by City….

Things will get better, with or, looks odds on, without - AVB…

Im just off to listen to Ossie's Dream again…..with a large hanky and a Brandy (those were the days).

Last edited:
I remember the season when we nearly went down, when O'Neill was in charge, and avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth by beating Leeds in our last game. That night was as good as winning a cup final. When we went down a couple of years later, I was gutted and don't want to ever experience that again. It would be even worse now, as the media coverage would be relentless and all the 'big' players would be off quicker than a tart's knickers.
No team is ever too big to go down, so we shouldn't be complacent and think it will never happen.
It wouldn't be the worst thing if we bounced straight back again, but it would be a horrible close season to live through. And it goes without saying, I would still support the team, even if we got relegated to whatever they call the Fourth Division these days!

I'm too youthful for that memory :llorisserious:but I do remember us having to play Barnsley in April/May which was a relegation six-pointer!! Mid ninties?!

I think we've had enough close calls in many people's memories to NEVER get complacent about it...

...i'm sure all Leeds Utd fans watching the Champions League semi final a few years back, never thought that Barnsley would be their regular derby match, so never say never...

Despite ALL our failings down the years, I do honestly think the current infrastructure at the club are sound enough to do something about it, before such a situation ever happens again...

Back in the 70's Man utd, Spurs and Chelsea were all relegated, shows just how different the game was back then. Far better in my book as it was more a level playing field.
So i know what it feels like, not great but the old 2nd division was a blast, we came up brought in ossie & ricky and the rest.....as they say is history!

TBH I think I'd enjoy watching Tottenham for a season in the championship aslong as we won it and came straight back up lol

the prior season and subsequent summer of relegation would be a painful experience though

Just curious..... had we (somehow) won on Sunday, or even got a 'creditable' draw, or heaven forbid, a 'plucky' narrow defeat.... Would this thread even exist??????

Back
Top Bottom