If Spurs were to buy suarez, is it wrong that I don't think I'd support the club anymore?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

wantsome.png

The truth of the matter is, although as much as i disapprove of Suarez and his notorious behaviour, no one player is bigger than my club, Tottenham Hotspur.

If a member of your family does something wrong, really bad even and dispicable, you still care about them.
When a player puts on the shirt, they are family in a similar way. You can't just not support them because they are a cunt. It doesnt mean you like them, or agree with what they do, have done, or whatever, but you do have to support them still.
So, if this happened (which it wont) then I would not like it one bit, not like him one bit, but I would support him and hope against liklihood that he didnt fuck up again. Would I love him in the same way I love Bale, Holtby, Dawson, etc...? No. But I would not withdraw my support either.

Good post, but to me, it feels like rather than supporting your brother whos done something wrong, it feels like your sister might be about to marry this guy whose done something despicable and every bit of his behaviour indicates he'll do it again. Why would you give your blessing to the later?

BRICK

The fact that you would even CONSIDER switching for any reason speaks volumes. To be frank, if you are like that then you can fuck off right now for all I care. The only loyalty left in football is with fans and if you want to fuck off and support another club then just do it and stop looking for reasons to change your team - cunt.

When did I even say I'd consider switching? While I didn't grow up in tottenham, it's where my family are from and a huge part of what we have in common. I've stayed proud of it over the years, even when I was the only kid in my school who supported the team, so I'd feel upset if i were forced in a situation where I feel ashamed of the club. I thought part of the reason we were proud of this club was because we were generally against racism, no matter its form?

Still, I think anyone who considers switching a club speaks far less volumes than anyone who uses the word 'cunt' against someone in an offensive manner for something they haven't even said.

I don't actively disagree with alot of the comments being said, as I said, while I think theres a difference with ade and suarez, I can see how an individual feels that the line has been crossed by that point. (so apologies @ Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante , i made my point at the bottom of the first page)

One played for the scum?

But they hate him now.

BRICK

The fact that you would even CONSIDER switching for any reason speaks volumes. To be frank, if you are like that then you can fuck off right now for all I care. The only loyalty left in football is with fans and if you want to fuck off and support another club then just do it and stop looking for reasons to change your team - cunt.

That's not what he said.

He won't come here. Not right for him, too expensive for us.

If he did, hypothetically, I'd have a massive dilemma. I would find it hard to sing his name, however there has been very little worse in the game over recent seasons than the way the chavs reacted to Rafa Benitez and I wouldn't want us to go even one step down that road.

Back
Top Bottom